Prop guards

Reaction score
Who here use prop guards and what problems do they cause with avoidance sensors. I fly at a public park near the ocean with permission from the town I take off from parking lot next to park. The park ranger asked if could put prop guards on my AC to give the drone a safer look. So who uses them

Thanks in advance
Blue skies.

I bought a set but found out they interfered with the forward obstacle sensor I never installed them.
Jim
WA5TEF

Actually.....he might be the " only " park ranger that would ask you to do that !......however fly with care in a public park and stay away from people or vehicles AND kids " Fly Responsible ".... and you will surely be ok ! and DenMac....Good Luck to you

I bought a set but found out they interfered with the forward obstacle sensor I never installed them.
Jim
WA5TEF
Actually.....he might be the " only " park ranger that would ask you to do that !......however fly with care in a public park and stay away from people or vehicles AND kids " Fly Responsible ".... and you will surely be ok ! and DenMac....Good Luck to you

Thanks motorcycle man. This cove is the only place I fly. I been flying there for over a year. I always fly responsible and have been educating people about drones and how safe they are and how we uas pilots strive for safe and responsible flights. I’m changing attitudes about drones one person at a time. I want to thank this forum for teaching and helping me become a better pilot. Thanks again.

Blue skies

I used my prop guards only once, for a job inside a factory. I didn't install the front ones because most of my footage had to be flown backward and sideways. I didn't notice any balance issue by the way. Otherwise, I don't see the point of flying with all that drag and that front view obstruction.

I have used mine only twice. First time OK, next time could not move ahead , back or sideways. Only up and down. Will give it a couple of more chanses. Will be back for report.

Reactions: Giogi
I use the DJI #62 guards occasionally, and have not noticed any adverse issues. Easy on/easy off and fit in the box nice.

Reactions: DenMac

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik