Prop does not spin freely

Reaction score
Hiya!
Had a crash and the bird flies fine but one white propellor is very hard to remove even with the tool and does not self lock freely but does tighten down and the bird still flies great. Any advice would be appreciated...
Thanks!!

I understand your title to say one thing and your post to say another.

Does the prop spin just as easily by hand as the others do?

Your post makes it sound like the prop is trash.
Hang the prop on your "Wall of Shame", that's what I do.
Put a new one it it's place. :)

Actually i was wrong both white props do not come off or go on freely at all its as if the thread has been stripped even when i use new props and also the bird does not fly right at all but does the toilet bowl hover even though i calibrate and wait for 7 sats gonna send it to somebody to replace the motors i guess....

its not a compass problem i believe but a problem with the props which must be forced both on and off do you think if i changed the motors myself that would solve the problem?

I don't have enough information to recommend anything more. Props which are tough to remove or install indicates messed up threads or bent shafts. The toilet bowl always makes me think of a quick and free fix, calibrate the compass properly. A few minutes at the computer dealing with the IMU can't hurt, unless you have a bunch of electrical interference nearby. My best IMU calibration was done in the yard, with a laptop.

A good description of your crash and a video of how it flies would be very helpful. I'm bout done for the evening. Smarter folks will chime in for you though.

ya the shafts are bent thats exactly it! Is there a solution for bent shafts?
And thank you kindly for brainstorming with me!!

Note that if it's only the bell housing or its shaft that is bent, you can change it out without changing the whole motor or doing any soldering.
You just unscrew the motor, remove the e-clip and brass ring on the bottom, do the same with the new motor, then pull off the bell housings
and swap them, replace the ring and the e-clip. Just be sure and work somewhere such that when the e-clip flies away, you'll be able to find
it again.

However, if the motor is seriously damaged, it's possible that the base could be bent as well. In this case, replace the whole thing.

Note that if it's only the bell housing or its shaft that is bent, you can change it out without changing the whole motor or doing any soldering.
You just unscrew the motor, remove the e-clip and brass ring on the bottom, do the same with the new motor, then pull off the bell housings
and swap them, replace the ring and the e-clip. Just be sure and work somewhere such that when the e-clip flies away, you'll be able to find
it again.

However, if the motor is seriously damaged, it's possible that the base could be bent as well. In this case, replace the whole thing.

Nice one CityZen, thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers