Prop Balancing !

Pull_Up said:
I accepted Glen's kindness on the understanding that I would review it as I found it and not sugar-coat any issues I had with it, so here's what I think of the balancing rods and my attempts at seeing if newbies can have a go at this balancing lark without investing in anything other than Glen's engineering..

When you tossed that cheapo plastic balancer I laughed so hard, I actually snorted. Great vid and great idea. I'm going to buy one of those puppies... but the liquid in my cheap pseudo crystal will be transparent....

Thanks for the laugh...
-slinger

Thanks for the kind words. It was a shot of Jack Daniel's in the glass. I figured I might get a bit of flack from the old hands about the method I settled on, but as the Vision is aimed at newcomers to RC I thought stuff 'em and I'd have a bit of fun in this video. If I hadn't had another shot of Jack previously whilst sanding that prop I might have noticed it still needed another rub to nail the balance... ;)

Hats off to Glen, though - that bit of stainless makes it very easy and saves a lot of messing about with tubing and other bits and pieces I've seen people post on YouTube.

Nice review! But I do have a DuBro, and I do want one of these. Bro.

If it's possible to place an order, I missed that somewhere...? Or was my previous post in this thread adequate?

Glen's collating orders by email, he posted his address earlier in the thread and I put it at the end of the video and in the description. I'd drop him a line to reserve one so he at least knows what part of the world you are in to give you a price including postage at cost. He's hoping to be able to start posting them out from 13th for paid orders, I believe...

I'm in for one also- I have the dubrow, and as a backup I have a decent jelly glass and a jug of apple pie :eek:

Hello
I have received the rods today from the supplier.
I have packaged one and been to the post office.
The cost will be:

Europe    
Cost of rod                    £13
Postage & packing        £3.40
Total                            £16.40
Plus 4% Paypal fee       £0.88
Total                             £17:28

USA    
Postage & packing        £3.90
Total                            £16.90
Plus 4% Paypal fee       £0.89
Total                             £17:79

UK   
Postage & packing        £1.40
Total                            £14.40
Plus 4% Paypal fee       £0.58
Total                             £14.98

Please note this is £ not $ thank you.

Sorry about the paypal fee but they charge me on money paid into my account, I have looked at paying direct into my bank account but people outside the uk would be charged too much by the banks to make it viable for them!

Apologies again about the paypal fee but I have tried to keep the costs down, small runs of having these made is very expensive.

Please pay via paypal, as orders are received I will post out, please send your full name and address when ordering.
My paypal is     [email protected]

Postage times are
UK               1-2 days
Europe         3-5 days  
USA             5-7 days 

I hope everyone is happy with that.

Thanks Glen, Happy Flying !!!!

Bigvern said:
Hello
The cost will be:

Europe    

USA    

UK   

Sorry about the paypal fee but they charge me on money paid into my account, I have looked at paying direct into my bank account but people outside the uk would be charged too much by the banks to make it viable for them!

Apologies again about the paypal fee but I have tried to keep the costs down, small runs of having these made is very expensive.

Please pay via paypal, as orders are received I will post out, please send your full name and address when ordering.

Postage times are
Europe         3-5 days  
USA             5-7 days 

I just sent him my payment and here is the conversion rate for USD from PayPal 1 USD = 0.5918GBP

Bigvern said:
...I hope everyone is happy with that.
I'm grateful you found a solution for us and are taking on the task of making it available to us. Thank -you- !

Super-D said:
I just sent him my payment and here is the conversion rate for USD from PayPal 1 USD = 0.5918GBP
I saw the conversion glitch too, but after PayPal processing it comes to just under $30USD.

iDrone

Pull_Up said:
Well Glen looks like you're going to be a frequent flyer at the Post Office for the next few days! I would raise a glass to you but it's got a stainless rod on it. ;)

Yep -- thanks Glen...
And pull_up ... I refuse to believe you can't get a straw past the steel rod to get a drink.... :)

gpauk said:
Pull_Up said:
Well Glen looks like you're going to be a frequent flyer at the Post Office for the next few days! I would raise a glass to you but it's got a stainless rod on it. ;)

Yep -- thanks Glen...
And pull_up ... I refuse to believe you can't get a straw past the steel rod to get a drink.... :)

I have 2 children under 8, therefore the only straws in my house are bendy or curly and I refuse to drink something decent through those...

Bigvern said:
Hello
The cost will be:

Europe    

USA    

UK   

Postage times are
Europe         3-5 days  
USA             5-7 days 

I want to order one of these ...can u help me with now to do it?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4