Prop Balancing

Reaction score
Who still balance their props? 3 were perfect but 1 needed some work. All is good!

Attachments

• IMG_2938.jpg
    IMG_2938.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 499
Adding something on the propeller can fix the balancing but who knows how it affect the air flow around that point.

I experimented with sanding on one aircraft and tape on another. Both worked well initially. In time the tape started peeling off, and of course with it peeling off in flight started to make more noise and possibly endanger the aircraft. Go with sanding it is safer.

Reactions: rhoffart
I experimented with sanding on one aircraft and tape on another. Both worked well initially. In time the tape started peeling off, and of course with it peeling off in flight started to make more noise and possibly endanger the aircraft. Go with sanding it is safer.

I found that a light spray of clear spray paint works best.

Adding something on the propeller can fix the balancing but who knows how it affect the air flow around that point.
Been adding tape/ CA glue and even epoxy to props for 35 years with no issues. Just be sure it's on the backside of the prop and as smooth as possible (No globes of glue)... scotch tape works great!!!! I also sand props to get them balanced...

Reactions: rhoffart
Who still balance their props? 3 were perfect but 1 needed some work. All is good!

I used to be absolutely adamant about balancing my Phantom 1 props. I even came up with a way to dynamically audit my bird's balance and smoothness. I have always wondered how I would balance the P4P props. The bird seems so smooth that I just assumed they were balanced from the factory.

I thought about a homemade balance system for the P4P props, but just haven't been motivated to build it.

Where did you get your balancer? And do you trust it?

Sandpaper will remove weight till it's balanced. If it's a genuine DJI, it won't need much. Some guys add weight using Scotch Tape.

I found tape to be a terrible idea. It flies off half the time and adds weight. I find removing material via sandpaper a much better way to go. If you remove too much, you go to the other side. You eventually get good at not removing too much. It's an art.

Reactions: LarBear360
Been adding tape/ CA glue and even epoxy to props for 35 years with no issues. Just be sure it's on the backside of the prop and as smooth as possible (No globes of glue)... scotch tape works great!!!! I also sand props to get them balanced...
Well, maybe funny stupid question - which side is the back side?! I mean is it the up or down, side as drones are slightly different then airplaines.

Well, maybe funny stupid question - which side is the back side?! I mean is it the up or down, side as drones are slightly different then airplaines.

All rotors have a "leading edge" and a "trailing edge." That is the vernacular that should be used when describing the "front" or "back" of a rotor.

Thanks! But I would like to know wich side of the back or trailing edge to brush: up, down or both?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik