Progress Pictures Report

Reaction score
Hi There,

I have a phantom 4 pro and I need to take progress pictures on a construction site using the same exact location, is there some 3d party software that can do this as I can't seem to find out how using the DJI app. I also have the Controller with the built in screen and I have read that I can't install 3rd party apps on it such as Dronedeploy pix4d etc?

Any help would be appreciated,

Many Thanks,

Sam

Hi There,

I have a phantom 4 pro and I need to take progress pictures on a construction site using the same exact location
With the very wideangle lens on the Phantom, if you are within a few feet of the same place, no-one will ever know the difference.
Just mark your photo launch points on the ground so you can come back to them each time you visit the site, and fly to the same height each time and shoot away.

Here's what I do for a similar situation, using The Intelligent Flight Mode, “F mode switch”

And choosing the Waypoints function from the menu
: Record a flight path, then the aircraft will fly along the same path repeatedly you control the camera and orientation. The flight path can be saved and re-applied. Select “New Mission” or Previous Mission

1) T/O in “P” Mode, position Drone. Switch to the “F” Mode.
2) Position Drone, with altitude at first Waypoint.
3) On the Controller, Bottom front Left C1 Button, Click to set First Waypoint
4) Position Drone with altitude to next Waypoint, C1, Click
5) Position Drone with altitude to next Waypoint, C1, Click, etc.
6) Use, Constant with Route, the Camera stays Forward, you can still control Camera.
or Choose Constant with Record (with Smooth Arc Between Waypoints)
7) “Apply” and go (save route if desired)
HTH, Bill

Hi There,

I have a phantom 4 pro and I need to take progress pictures on a construction site using the same exact location, is there some 3d party software that can do this as I can't seem to find out how using the DJI app. I also have the Controller with the built in screen and I have read that I can't install 3rd party apps on it such as Dronedeploy pix4d etc?

Any help would be appreciated,

Many Thanks,

Sam

I too have the phantom 4 pro plus (with built in screen). I bought a used phantom 4 pro rc on eBay for $150 and downloaded 3rd part apps on it. Now I switch to it when I need too. I use map pilot from maps made easy. You can save missions and re fly when you need to. That way you’ll take same pictures over and over... you don’t actually have to upload to map program... you’ll still have the pics to use.

Use Litchi and create a waypoint mission or as @BillCaf stated how to create a waypoint mission in the DJI Go 4 app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31