process videos using Adobe CC?

Reaction score
P4P+, Adobe CC 2018;
20+ yrs digital photo processing experience;
0 experience processing video;
my photo agency asked me to start submitting 20 sec video clips;
ideally I'd use slider to affect each ENTIRE 20 sec video clip
(the main problem I've seen with my unprocessed video is dullness)
saturation & or contrast & or vibrance & or shadow-highlight
just like I use slider to affect entire photo...
really prefer using CC if possible, not Lightroom;
any advice or tutorial link appreciated !!
regards

Don't know why this showed up in "Most Popular Topics"
IT DIDN'T GET ONE RESPONSE!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Posted in wrong section...?

P4P+, Adobe CC 2018;
regards
Dullness issue - I would guess you are using D-Log or D-Cinelike. These are expanded gamut modes, a bit like RAW mode for stills. They look dull because of the extra data in the highlights and lowlights. You're right about having to correct them. So, what I know - the process is, I believe, called colour grading and can generally be sped up by applying LUTs (lookup tables - presets designed for the D-Log or D-Cinelike capture, to give them a certain look). There are plenty of LUTs available - many of them need to be purchased for use.
Also similar to still photography, where you can usually choose to capture in RAW or jpeg, you could use Normal mode for for easier processing.
Premiere Pro is an amazing tool, with a pretty steep learning curve. I would suggest that, once you have worked out some presets you like, save them as LUTs. I can't tell you how - I'm struggling with the same problem. :oops: If they were stills from RAW, I'd have them all spiffy in a jiffy. I just have not been able to dial in quite what I want from D-Cinelike. I guess I just need to spend more time looking at the manuals. o_O

Video editing is a whole different beast from photo editing. I thought I'd start with Resolve because it's free and almost as powerful as Adobe Premier, but got discouraged with the 1500 page manual. Switched to Filmora and found it an easier learning curve (not easy, just easier) and powerful enough. My daughter uses a low end Apple editor with excellent results. Be prepared to spend some time making friends with whatever you select.

thanks for responses;
have seen demo on Youtube
where entire video clip can be
instantly changed via single sliders
devoted to saturation or color tint...
was hoping someone could point to
same function in Adobe CC...
maybe it don't exist....
or maybe ask in Adobe's CC forum...?

P4P+, Adobe CC 2018;
regards
Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
Lumetri Colors.

If you have the CC suite, you already have those tools. And because they're all Adobe, the work flow should be relatively intuitive. LOTS of online tutorials. That's all you need, mate.

D

Thanks, but without specifics that's no help.
Maybe an Adobe forum will help...
* Open Premiere Pro.
* Start a new project by clicking "New Project."
* Drag a clip into the timeline.
* Click the "Color" tab at the top. This will open the Lumetri Color options.
* Make a simple adjustment like Exposure. Select "Effect Controls" in the upper-left panel (work spaces in Premiere are called "Panels"). This will open up a bevy of color options (which you will love).
* Mess around with it for a while.
* Figure out what you don't know.
* Get into the forum and ask questions.

D

* Open Premiere Pro.
* Start a new project by clicking "New Project."
* Drag a clip into the timeline.
* Click the "Color" tab at the top. This will open the Lumetri Color options.
* Make a simple adjustment like Exposure. Select "Effect Controls" in the upper-left panel (work spaces in Premiere are called "Panels"). This will open up a bevy of color options (which you will love).
* Mess around with it for a while.
* Figure out what you don't know.
* Get into the forum and ask questions.

D
Thanks.
Don't have Premier Pro, just CC.
Found this free online tool that may offer what I want:
Anyone tried it...?
regards

Thanks.
Don't have Premier Pro, just CC.
"CC" or "Adobe CC" isn't a product. It is a family of products. CC simply stands for "Creative Cloud," which is Adobe's newish subscription-based business model. As long as you keep referring to "CC" as if it were some kind of software application, there will be nothing but confusion surrounding your questions.

Being a photographer, I assume you use Photoshop, yes???? Clarification please.

Found this free online tool that may offer what I want:
Anyone tried it...?
regards
Nope. I have to assume you want to achieve the same level of control and professionalism in your moving video as you do your still photos, yes? If you're already paying for Photoshop CC, there may be a cost-effective option to add in Premiere Pro. If you're pirating Photoshop CC ("2018" leads me to believe you are), then you are on your own. I consider the possibility that you may be using a legacy operating system, which would automatically limit Adobe CC updates, in which case you are NOT pirating the software. But at this point, it's all just speculation. Some clarification is in order.

And FWIW, I don't judge you. I've been known to pirate 1 or 2 programs in my day. My only point is that asking for SUPPORT for pirated products is an exercise in futility.

D

thanks for responses;
have seen demo on Youtube
where entire video clip can be
instantly changed via single sliders
devoted to saturation or color tint...
was hoping someone could point to
same function in Adobe CC...
maybe it don't exist....
or maybe ask in Adobe's CC forum...?
You seem to have a penchant for sliders. Welcome to Adobe Premiere Pro - Lumetri Color - Basic Correction:

1624820604708.png

D

CC as in Photoshop CC as in Photoshop CC 2018.
Stock shooters (Alamy, Getty) do refer to it as CC.
Historically Photoshop 8 = Photoshop CC1.

CC as in Photoshop CC as in Photoshop CC 2018.
Stock shooters (Alamy, Getty) do refer to it as CC.
Historically Photoshop 8 = Photoshop CC1.
Okay...so this takes us full circle back to my original suggestion of simply adding Premier Pro to your CC suite. Obviously, you're already paying for Photoshop CC. I believe Adobe has different media package deals that may be cost-effective. I would chat with them:

As a professional photographer soon to become videographer/video editor, it seems easy for you to justify the cost of an Adobe media suite.

Though I'm personally paying for the full suite, I only really use Photoshop, Premier Pro, Media Encoder, Acrobat (for .pdf editing), Camera Raw (occasionally), Lightroom (rarely) and After Effects (still learning).

1624891713177.png

My GF is a web developer, so she uses Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Acrobat and InDesign. Because we both use different software, we split the cost of the entire suite. Because I shoot and edit drone video several times/month, I can justify the cost of my half of the Adobe suite.

Another suggestion would be to find a legacy copy of Sony Vegas Pro XX and use that. This way you don't have to pay a monthly fee for your editing software. I used Sony Vegas Pro 13 for years (still have it standing by just in case), but finally jumped ship because I needed more color control. Legacy versions of Vegas don't require a subscription, and may just have "enough" color control for your needs.

Argument could be made for using legacy versions of Premiere Pro, but I'm unfamiliar with those versions since I've only been using PP for about 3 or 4 years. I have Adobe Photoshop 7 installed on a few of my computers, but it requires some hacking for it to work.

D

> find a legacy copy of Sony Vegas Pro XX and use that

Thanks.
I use Sony RX10 IV hand-held.
Would it include access to SVPXX?
regards

> find a legacy copy of Sony Vegas Pro XX and use that

Thanks.
I use Sony RX10 IV hand-held.
Would it include access to SVPXX?
regards
No. Sony Vegas is Sony's video editing suite. It's not a "movie maker" that "comes with your camera." You would have to purchase this software.

A quick eBay search netted a cheap, brand new copy of Sony Vegas Pro 10. I'd say for 6 bux, I'd give it a shot.

NOTE: It may not be Windows 10 compatible. So either make sure you have access to a good Windows 7 machine or do your research to determine if SVP-10 is compatible with Win-10. My copy of Sony Vegas Pro 13 specifically states that it IS compatible with Win-10, so my hunch is that v13 is the first version that is compatible with Win-10.

1624982374296.png

D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik