problems connecting - this helped.

Reaction score
First flight today,- problems connecting go-app/controller/aircraft.
First location, a parking lot. -No connection,
Second location, an old saw mill, no connection, then finally it connected and I could fly.
All my connections so far has taken a very long time and been on and off.
Went home and enabled airplane mode, and then re-enabled wifi, everything connected in a matter of seconds every time. This is how we all expect it to work. . . . . right?
The trick is that devices with wifi and cellular need to have cellular disabled.
This will also disable wifi, so enable wifi again, and now cellular won't be making trouble for your connection since it is now shut off.
Next flight will probably be fine. Very disturbing to have to wait forever for a good and stable connection to happen, It was 0 deg. Celsius today so it's important to get the bird up in the air fast before the battery temp. plummets to 15 deg. C,

Last edited:
Quick question for those that know. When I got my P4P I bought an Ipad with cell plan because it was my understanding that it was the only way to get location info (no gps). I haven't tried it so I dont know if it'll be an issue or not.

How does the cell connection mess things up? I thought wifi overruled cell aervice for data connections.

I have no idea why cell connection would mess with wifi, but I have had problems connecting from day one,-it would take forever, and today on the first flight outside it wouldn't connect at the first location. At the second location it took forever, but finally connected. Now when I'm inside back home it connects super fast and every time after I disabled cellular.

Reactions: jwcfbd
I have a P4P and Android cellular tablet, it seems DJI Go 4, turns off WiFi on startup, when I plug the RC in linked to AC, it starts the app automatically and all works. DJI does use the GPS in the Tablet as well as for updates and logins.

Strange . . . it seems my ipad air 2 does NOT have cellular at all, so why it helped to enable airplane mode is beyond me.
The only thing I can come up with is this: Airplane mode shuts down wifi, cellular and bluetooth, plus it stops the device from scanning for nearby networks.
Why it worked for me despite not having cellular may be that re-enabling wifi in airplane mode connects to the phantom controller without scanning for other networks.
Perhaps scanning for nearby networks messes up the connection between the tablet and the RC?
Every time I powered up the go-app were constantly warning about strong interference, but this has stopped after enabling airplane mode.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl