problem with unwanted flashing on video and blurred shots

Reaction score
Hello,

Take a look at my video: registered by DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0

I don`t know why but I see some slight flashing on the video and I don`t know why.
While recording this video I used Cinemacite color profie, AFC settings, ISO 100, Contrast/Saturation/Sharpness -1/-1/-1,
S settings - time preselection 1/100, H.265 video, 4K resolution, 25fps and ND8 filters mounted on video camera.

Please help me, because even when I set manual settings and set ISO to constant (100 value) I see this unwanted flashes.
I postproduction I applied LUT on the video and soft contrast to make the video sharper.

I don`t know why also some of my shots are completely blurred with comparision to other shots from the same flight - maybe it is not seen on this video, but I had such vproblem with another video - some shots of the same flight are sharp and some are blurred.

Is it causes by bad video camera? Or maybe I should turn off AFC? please help me, I cannot figure out wihat causes this problem.

Regards
Marcin from Poland

I see a little flashing in all video, but take a look at the beginning on my video from 3 seconds (00:03) to 7 seconds (00:07).
It is little and slight flashing which annoys me. I see that you could see this flashing when you enlarge video to max. size of your resolution.
Firstly I thought that it is problem with ND8/CP filter and all time changing ISO, but even when I locked the ISO to 100 value this bad flashing occurrs all the time.
I can add that I mounted ND8/CP filter (this one with polarization, I think I give you a valid name of this filter). It is PolarPro filter.

I thought that this problem is seen in different monitors and tv-sets, not all the ones. I saw this bad flashing in 3 of 4 devices. I saw it on 4K monitor, 4K 65 inch tv-set and NEC monitor with 2560px resolution.
I didn`t see it on 42 inch 4K tv set.

Your use of words is an accurate description. The way languages are, there may be a more accurate description of your “slight flashing “. There is a “flicker of light”
(To make small, quick movements; flutter rapidly. )
Or maybe just my understanding. Lol

I saw what you are talking about at 3 to 7 sec. Now that I see what you are talking about, I have no idea what is causing it. Sorry I cannot help.

I probably don’t really want to know why you call that Death Valley. I hope it is not too gruesome.

Death Valley is a place where many people were killed during Second World War.
Maybe somebody can help what can cause the problem.
I don`t know what it is going on. Maybe it is a problem because polarization is not directed properly, and maybe I should use clear ND filters without polarization.
Please help me.

Death Valley is a place where many people were killed during Second World War.
Maybe somebody can help what can cause the problem.
I don`t know what it is going on. Maybe it is a problem because polarization is not directed properly, and maybe I should use clear ND filters without polarization.
Please help me.
You have some good ideas. Get rid of all the veritables(the extra stuff) and get back to the basics. Try flying with a clear filter first. While you are flying change it to the manual settings. Check you video and see if it made any difference. Good luck.

Probably I know what caused the issue. The problem was in post-production. I had Ignite Auto Contrast video effect added on clips and it gave me unwanted flickering.
Tomorrow I will be sure in 100%, but I feel it is this.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Probably I know what caused the issue. The problem was in post-production. I had Ignite Auto Contrast video effect added on clips and it gave me unwanted flickering.
Tomorrow I will be sure in 100%, but I feel it is this.
A little more we learn. I wish I could have helped you better.
I love your videos. Are there any little old villages you could video? I love culture.
My father family came from Croatia. Jelčić

WV.Rootman. Thank you for your nice comments. Yes I was flying in few places lately. Please subscribe to my channell. I will publish soon new videos. I had to removed this unwanted flickering from them and upload them again.
I confirm that this flickering problem was in post-production. I use Vegas Pro 16 Suite in post-production. I have added Ignite Auto Contrast video effect which gave me this bad flickering. After removing this effect I don`t see any flickering, only in those scenes where I had AUTO ISO turned.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
I would say that using a filter and such a low iso with this type of setting may be a problem. Both of this things with reduce the amount of light getting into the lens. With a fixed aperture lens the only other variable the camera can use is shutter speed to compensate? I’m only really guessing as I’m a photographer not a videographer, but I’d say a slow shutter speed might be your problem? Hopefully this helps.

Hello,

Take a look at my video: registered by DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0

I don`t know why but I see some slight flashing on the video and I don`t know why.
While recording this video I used Cinemacite color profie, AFC settings, ISO 100, Contrast/Saturation/Sharpness -1/-1/-1,
S settings - time preselection 1/100, H.265 video, 4K resolution, 25fps and ND8 filters mounted on video camera.

Please help me, because even when I set manual settings and set ISO to constant (100 value) I see this unwanted flashes.
I postproduction I applied LUT on the video and soft contrast to make the video sharper.

I don`t know why also some of my shots are completely blurred with comparision to other shots from the same flight - maybe it is not seen on this video, but I had such vproblem with another video - some shots of the same flight are sharp and some are blurred.

Is it causes by bad video camera? Or maybe I should turn off AFC? please help me, I cannot figure out wihat causes this problem.

Regards
Marcin from Poland

Two possibilities:

1) I have abandoned h.265 for now pending wider acceptance of this codec. I tried it a while ago and experienced odd artifacts, so I abandoned it for the more popular h.264 codec. I would see if this flashing anomaly shows up in h.264 footage.

2) Because the flashing occurs on the forward-facing shots, I'm going to guess that it might be sunlight hitting the lens. Because the P4P gimbal is so steady, it's really hard to tell what the bird is doing. If there was some wind at altitude (and there usually is), the bird will fight the wind, the result being that the bird pitches fore and aft. As it does this, the props could be dipping into the light path between the sun and your lens, thereby causing the flashing anomaly. An easy test would be to shoot on a cloudy day or shoot more oblique to see if you experience the same artifacts.

D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20