Problem with camera

Reaction score
Hi all new to the forum have a question somebody please help.
Phantom 4 pro flying around and shooting video and this opaque circle appears on all the video that I shot. Any ideas how to fix. Video and pictures are unusable shot in dcinelike soon as I start bumping the levels it gets more visible

Enlarge to see this annoying ghosting dot
Screenshot_20191214-170231.png

Looks like something is on the lens. Have you unscrewed the filter and checked it out? It may be on the inter lens. My Nikon has a couple of spots on the inter lens, but not as big as yours. It is a common thing for some models and makes of cameras.

I took the uv filter off and cleaned it still the same. Im hoping its not on the sensor or in the glass element. I may try and give the elements a clean.No source's of info about it on the web on how to take the lens apart. One or two how to disassemble the camera but nothing on how to take the lens and clean it. Thought it might be moisture ,although it didnt get wet. The spot get smaller when I close down the aperture but its still noticeable.
Thanks for the reply

Awhile back I visited a site that sold IR sensors. They showed how to take it all apart to install their sensor or they would do it for a fee. I watched it and found it intriguing. I just can’t remember a thing. Maybe you could check out IR sensor sites?

As been said it is probably on or in the lens. If on the sensor the borders of that circle would be sharp nor blurred as in your case.
The whole lens of the camera consists of many small lenses and elements very precisely assembled in the factory.
It is very likely that you will destroy the lens if you wand to take it apart by yourself at home.
So the best choice is going to the professional service where they can do that. Or even replace the camera. It is not very expensive.

It looks like moisture to me. Maybe try a hairdryer on low heat while the video is on? Just an idea that I would be willing to try on my P4P...

It looks like moisture to me. Maybe try a hairdryer on low heat while the video is on? Just an idea that I would be willing to try on my P4P...
Its possible condensation has got inside the camera, I would leave the drone in a warm dry environment for a couple of days, rather than apply heat directly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl