pro 4 camera suddenly drops in flight

Reaction score
For no apparent reason, my Pro 4 Camera suddenly drops from horizontal view to straight down, then back again. As of it lost power, but everything else is normal. All connections seem good, software updated etc., nothing helps.

How windy? Strong wind can cause it to drop in flight. Do you happen to have your C1 or C2 buttons set to drop the camera up/down? Maybe accidentally touching the button? Looking for an easy cause instead of bad tilt motor. As asked earlier, any bad things in history?

I have one out of two buttons on the lower side of the RC set exactly for such movement. And if I unintentionally touch the button it do just as you described.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
How windy? Strong wind can cause it to drop in flight. Do you happen to have your C1 or C2 buttons set to drop the camera up/down? Maybe accidentally touching the button? Looking for an easy cause instead of bad tilt motor. As asked earlier, any bad things in history?
No wind, good question about C1 but the problem persists when I simply have unit on table in the ON position. I need to record activity and post, it’s really weird. Thanks.

Very good chance it's the filter. Some even mount a counterweight just for that reason. They are available to purchase it's so common.

Reactions: Tgoke
Was that the same filter when you have the problem and when it was OK?
Filters can be very different in weight.

Reactions: Capt KO
For no apparent reason, my Pro 4 Camera suddenly drops from horizontal view to straight down, then back again. As of it lost power, but everything else is normal. All connections seem good, software updated etc., nothing helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic