Pricing for a school

Reaction score
I was contacted by a Catholic elementary school to get an aerial shot of the students. Here is the email
"Hi! Our school has been chosen for the National Blue Ribbon award for a second time and was looking to get an aerial shot of the kids to commemorate. We are a 501c. Please let me know pricing and availability! Thx so much!"
I usually do real estate work, any idea what to charge? I'm not a member of that church and they are non profit.
I expect this would take less than an hour, it is close to my home too. The only additional cost I would have is the school is close to a small airport and Verifly would cost $25 for the first hour. Would you do this for free and hope to pickup additional business or free advertising....thoughts? Thanks!

My minimum photography fee is $190. For sure it will take longer than an hour of your time with travel, editing, delivery... No I would not do it for free! Even though they are a 501c3, they are making money and paying staff and not even paying taxes. Free advertising kind of gives the impression that you're starting out and not many clients want to have a "beginner" doing work for them.
I wouldn't be doing it without a part 107 cert.

Reactions: BucksDrones
Thanks Maddy,
I do have my Part 107, I actually just took my recurrent exam last week..where did the past 2 years go?...lol
I really don't need the free advertising, I've become pretty well known in my area and get steady work.
I'm thinking $200 since it so close to me and should be a quick and easy shoot!

Reactions: Maddy
How much do you "Need" to make an hour? How much does it cost you to fly, drive (there and back), edit, deliver the material for a Real Estate shoot?

Once you have answered the above you'll have your price. We give a discount to charities but we don't do it for FREE. The least we charge (and this was literally 200 yards from my back deck) is $125 for a single "quick" shot for a charity event.

Reactions: BucksDrones

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj