Price for a job for friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a phantom 3 standard and my friend would like me to go to his farm and shoot some aerial videos of the machinery in the fields etc. How much would a reasonable amount to charge?
(I know about the licenses etc., but it’s just for a friend)

Does not make any difference. If the "intent" of the flight is for anything other than pure hobby flights, you MUST have a Part 107 license. My advice would be to just fly it at no charge, and offer him the footage. Anything for monetary gain violates 336.

Does not make any difference. If the "intent" of the flight is for anything other than pure hobby flights, you MUST have a Part 107 license. My advice would be to just fly it at no charge, and offer him the footage. Anything for monetary gain violates 336.
Ok sound thanks

I have a phantom 3 standard and my friend would like me to go to his farm and shoot some aerial videos of the machinery in the fields etc. and also do a basic edit of it.
How much would a reasonable amount to charge? Just a rough estimate no need to bring any laws into this

If he is a true friend why charge ? If it were me ... as long as the food is good and coffee full flowing ... NO CHARGE !

If he is a true friend why charge ? If it were me ... as long as the food is good and coffee full flowing ... NO CHARGE !
Yeah that’s what I said to him but he insists to pay....just a rough estimate...

Last edited:
Yeah that’s what I said to him but he insists to pay....just a rough estimate...come on please

I’m in agreement with @Fly Dawg ... you go down that road you’re asking for trouble. If he’s your mate he wouldn’t put you in that position. Food and coffee ...... all you can eat and drink, payment enough.

Reactions: trcsmith
That is a pickle. You can go the donation route...don't know if it will hold in court. It has with hackers...:kissing:

Do the gig and have dinner and some libations as his guest.
Should be fun on both counts and no violations.

Wouldn’t food and drink be a form of payment?

Do it for free, give him the video file of his farm, and tell him the pleasure was all yours.

The following week you can ask him for a loan and forget to pay him back.

Reactions: Astrix
Let's get down to basics.... you CANNOT ...I repeat CANNOT hobby for someone else. The very moment you are doing something for someone else you have pierced the Section 336 bubble and entered yourself into the Part 107, Civil Operations arena. PERIOD! No doing it for beer, doing it for peanuts or doing it for FREE! Even for free you are not doing it for HOBBY.

Now in reality unless there is an incident of your friend decides to share the images with someone else and eventually someone reported them to the FAA, there are very few odds anyone well ever know you broke the law. How you handle it and do it is up to you and your moral compass.

I have a phantom 3 standard and my friend would like me to go to his farm and shoot some aerial videos of the machinery in the fields etc. How much would a reasonable amount to charge?

Please explain to us why you're stating in another forum you have your Part 107?

Something isn't as it seems here my friend.....

Can we all stop getting angry it was a just a question, not trying to hurt anyone’s feelings....

Well if you read all the back post I saw he was looking to get an Air but can't say if he did .
From in here it looks like he does have a standard .
Now it really doesn't matter as I'm not sure if where he is he even needs a 107.
I just don't care for the members I do my best to look over being deceived and when I see
cross posting with a different tale I call it out .
Said all I can here and do hope the OP the best and has learned to at least if he cross post
to at least change up the threads.:)
Me gone.

No he is not from the US so that is not what he needs .
He needs some time to reflect and I just gave it to him .
Ben you can message me when you can and I will reopen this .
IMG_9413.png

Reactions: BigAl07
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl