Preflight checklist

Reaction score
Has anyone found a great preflight checklist app? It does not have to be drone specific, although that would be great. I am looking for something I can edit to my needs. Something that keeps the checklists by date so I can prove that I am using them if need be

DJI Pre-flight app has all the info you need on it. It is free at the Google play store.

Tobby

I looked at that earlier. It did not look like it was dated and there was not info shown that it kept historical lists.

But I thought I would down load and check it myself. Google Play shows it downloaded, but it is no where to be found on my phone. It is not on a home screen, not in the app drawer, and not even in the app manager. Never had that happen before

before I devote a lot of time try to figure out how to fix this, does the app keep a history of checklists?

It finally downloaded to my phone. It took 20 minutes, never seen that before.

But no historical check list keeping. I like the general workings of the app. I emailed the dev about setting up a "pro" version for FAA commercial compliance.

But.... if any other devs out there are reading, this looks like a hole in the market. I will pay for the right one. I am sure many other commercial pilots would too

Reactions: FreeBerd
I found this article here seems to be pretty good Drone Checklist - Don't forget anything at home ever again
That's really a 'predeparture' checklist to assist in making sure that you have everything you need before you need. A preflight checklist would cover items like airfcraft safety inspection, site inspection both for obstacles and non-involved persons, battery condition, camera settings, etc. I use both. Not where I can access it right now, I'll try to post my versions later today.

Reactions: optimiize
That's really a 'predeparture' checklist to assist in making sure that you have everything you need before you need. A preflight checklist would cover items like airfcraft safety inspection, site inspection both for obstacles and non-involved persons, battery condition, camera settings, etc. I use both. Not where I can access it right now, I'll try to post my versions later today.

Theres an option on the left side called "Before you fly", I didn't see it at first either

Yep, missed that. Just sent them a few comments and recommemded additions.

I'm the Android App Developer for this app. I'm working on a premium version which will enable you to save / print off a pdf version for each flight. It will also be advert free.

I've made some changes to the current app, it now has a few other languages also, French, Spanish and German. You can select which languages you want to see in the explore menu.

Any ideas for improvement is always appreciated.

@phantomacademy I the guy that sent you an email request for feature up grades in a Pro version. I downloaded your recently uploaded Pro version. Then I left a reply on your Facebook page about the Pro version being to hard to read.

Any updates on that?

How about this app?
a4c0ddd9d3a2839f6aa2654e0ee2d8d8.jpg

f76aee21d2836212f3116b56e8be6139.jpg

Screenshot_20170310-085245.png
Screenshot_20170310-085124.png

I just use Microsoft Onenote, create a new page and fill it with my checklist, copy and paste this page a few times then all I do is auto fill the date/time and tick the boxes. It automatically clears them as I do them. Best of all it's free and I can access it anywhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic