Power on but no self test

Reaction score
It's been a few weeks since I flew my phantom 3 standard. I got it out today, charged the battery. Put the battery in, pushed power on the battery but it does not go into self test mode. No flashing lights at all, no camera movement either. Any suggestions?

it is illuminated red and the 4 green battery level lights come on but when I release, all lights go off.

That's exactly what it is supposed to do when you are checking battery level - red button lights up when you press it once (test) and the number of green bars indicates roughly how much of a charge you have.

The camera gimbal isn't going to "dance" till you first turn on the RC - Device - DJI Go App - then fire up the Phantom battery - press the "red" button once then release and press again for a couple of seconds - then you will be lit up on the battery (green bars) the Phantom led's will flash and the Gimbal and camera will do it's little "dance".

Maybe you have forgotten since its been some time since you have used it ........... LOL.

That's exactly what it is supposed to do when you are checking battery level - red button lights up when you press it once (test) and the number of green bars indicates roughly how much of a charge you have.

The camera gimbal isn't going to "dance" till you first turn on the RC - Device - DJI Go App - then fire up the Phantom battery - press the "red" button once then release and press again for a couple of seconds - then you will be lit up on the battery (green bars) the Phantom led's will flash and the Gimbal and camera will do it's little "dance".

Maybe you have forgotten since its been some time since you have used it ........... LOL.

Thanks. That did the trick. I had been following everything correctly except for the pressing the power button once then pressing it again and holding. I had been holding on the first press.

Pleased you got it sorted.... the simplest things can often defeat us...

There are a lot of things with the phantom that we can do everything correctly with the exception of one simple element that can bring us unstuck in a big way. This isnt one of them.

Maybe a quick refresh in the manual whilst you charge the batteries! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey guys,

although this post is bit older I have a similar problem. But did the battery-pressing-button-twice thing.

I got a crashed P3 Standard and I just wanted to check the basics and hoped for the POST (power-on-self-test). But no LEDs blinking or flashing at all.
After pressing battery button twice the P3 powers on, it makes the starting chime, adjust the propellers (well at least two of them as far as I can see) but then nothing else.
No LEDs for the POST.
Just the connecting status LED of the RC. When I switch on the RC it turns from red to green. That gives me the hope that at least the connect between P3 and RC works so far.
But since there is no gimbal and camera mounted anymore (due to the crash) I figured out that the app isn't working at all.
I've found the way of pushing both levers to the corner to fire on the propellers. But there is no movement at all.

So does somebody has got an idea what I check as well?

Thank you in advance!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31