Power modifications all seem to have problems !

Reaction score
I cannot help but notice that all the 'tweaks' to up the power from CE to FCC levels seem to end up with various posts where problems are encountered. This reminds me of early days of Orange Gyros where Fw updates were bandied about and failures were found by odd people - have to include myself there ... 2 failed out of 7 units when re-flashed.
Similar with various Rc Transmitters and the FW ... people ending up with 'bricked' Tx's and no fallback.

I expect that my P3S will arrive from China with FCC level but as soon as the GPS location fires up - I expect it to switch to CE region. Not something I want to happen ... but reading through threads on this site - I don't think I will be delving into the model via FTP !
I have to admit that scrolling through page after page of amendments and notes has been nothing short of frustrating.
It also seems to contradict with guys I fly with who say they have xxxx results ... didn't have to do FTP .... etc. etc.

I am still waiting my P3S to arrive ... I'm buying up bits and pieces while waiting to add to it ... and reading as much as I can before it arrives to provide a grounding for me to build on. Youtube videos watched and scrutinised for info ... trouble there is so often the video skiddadles of into realms unrelated !!

Contrary to what impression you may have got from post 1 ... FTP and so on is not a strange world for me. Reflashing gear is not also. I've been a part of the 9X, er9x, openTx community for some years as example.

Knowing how to swim is not the issue. The issue is the apparent unreliability / problems encountered by people delving into their P3S upping the power.

I would like to see my P3S with max power - but until I feel confident with what I read and see posted / uploaded to youtube etc. - I shall leave well alone. So far the WiFi extender antenna seem to be winning the case over the FW route.

I expect that my P3S will arrive from China with FCC level but as soon as the GPS location fires up - I expect it to switch to CE region.

Yes - every time it plays the "Home Point Has been updated" sound it will switch to the local region.

I was very disappointed in the effective range from stock - In the CE Region and was getting red signal loss warnings at 200m in the local park with houses nearby
(it does much better in rural areas with wifi networks).

If you don't want to hardware or software mod - a paper or 3d printed Windsurfer helped a lot - at the cost of it being more directional.

People with issues will complain. People without will not. Simple as that. I never noticed that people with issues often increased power on their drone.

Reactions: PapaTita

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.