Power loss in mid flight!

Reaction score
Had a 3 second power loss in mid flight.
All the lights went dead and the drone fell like a rock!
After 3 seconds it came back alive and tried to save it self but it was falling too fast and hit the ground. It was at 150ft when this happened but managed to slow down enough that only my gimbal arm broke and it's still in flying condition.
Can someone explain how this happened?

Last edited:
Battery failure. Check the flight log on healthydrones.com .

Reactions: Mr.Spock
Sorry to hear this, as the other post mentioned upload your data to healthy drones.com to try and establish the cause.

Battery failure seems the obvious cause, maybe a short or loose connection in the battery for a moment or two. Could also be that the CPU rebooted for some unknown reason, maybe static build up in the air because of storms..just theories, nothing else.

I agree with battery failure. Sounds sort of like the battery was not fully inserted which used to be very common when the P3 first came out.

I don't have enough lipo experience myself to know if a cell failing could result in power loss that then just comes back after a few seconds. I would guess no, so my vote is with a loose battery.

Reactions: JoBe and Signals
Update!!!
On my 2nd different battery the same thing happened again. Power loss at the beach. The tide took the drone!
It's gone! :'(
Anyone want to buy the camera, controller, 2 extra battery, and charger?
Payment only via PayPal

Last edited:
Update!!!
On my 2nd different battery the same thing happened again. Power loss at the beach. The tide took the drone!
It's gone! :'(
Anyone want to buy the camera, controller, 2 extra battery, and charger?
Payment only via PayPal

Selling only allowed in the classifieds. Do not sell batteries that have been in crashes. Buyer beware.

The battery that was in the recent crash is in the ocean with the drone.
The battery that was in the first crash is with junk batteries in a recycle yard.

During the last flight with no camera the green good to fly would turn red "No Signal" randomly for 30seconds but I was still able to fly it perfectly.
This happened twice and I was smh & screaming WTF!!!
I've flown this P3P many times further than 10,000ft and as soon as signal was lost it would return home.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl