power inverter for charging

Reaction score
would a 400 watt power inverter hooked up to my truck battery be strong enough to use my p4p charger to charge my batteries?

If it's a good quality inverter all should be good. The power supply rating is 100w continuous output, it will require more than 100w on the input due to losses, significantly more briefly when powered on due to inrush. The inverter ratings can be questionable on some brands (oven enthusiastic marketing). Cheaper units almost alway have dirty waveforms also (modified square wave) which may seem to work satisfactorily but may be reducing the service life of your charger.

I bought a UPS and use that when I am out and about droning. Inverter would be great tho. Wish the batteries were cheaper so I could buy a couple of extras.

If it's a good quality inverter all should be good. The power supply rating is 100w continuous output, it will require more than 100w on the input due to losses, significantly more briefly when powered on due to inrush. The inverter ratings can be questionable on some brands (oven enthusiastic marketing). Cheaper units almost alway have dirty waveforms also (modified square wave) which may seem to work satisfactorily but may be reducing the service life of your charger.
It's made by black and decker. I have a 1000 watt black and decker also would that be better?

The charger is rated at 100W, so it is enough to have a power inverter with pver 100W. I have a 150W power inverter for charger and another 400W for other devices like cellphones, laptops, etc. Small power inverter is much portable when going out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj