Post your videos to Vimeo. Youtube won't show in Ipad

Reaction score
If you are posting video links, could you please post the videos to Vimeo as the links won't play on the Ipads! It seems there is a bug in all Ipads, not just mine. Any youtube link won't display! Vimeos work just great. Thought all you people should know. If you want to increase your target audience send them there!

I think thats a fault of the Ipad not youtube, pretty odd issue if this is with all ipads as youtube is one of the most popular sites online. Dont they have a yt app at all where you can watch videos? On android you can watch any videos in the app or even on yt website itself if you have flash installed though for some reason flash is being phased out of android but yt still uses it.

rilot said:
Youtube links play fine on my iPad

+1 - No problems for me.
ipad 2 latest iOs, latest youtube app and using safari.
Try downloading google chrome app and see if that works? Vimeo and youtube are default to html5 on ios devices rather than flash player which used to be the issue.

Good video choice for your demonstration ;) would you believe that I got a youtube copyright violation for the 3D version of that video, I need to name the artist and track used along with proof of permission for all footage and images used in the video :?:

Maybe artist should be Colin Guinn and Tiger Motor, singing the DJI phantom DRONE.

If that sort of rubbish keeps going on I will switch to vimeo 100% but at least yt gives a few dollars for new toys to play with.

:D Thought you's like that. To be fair it was the first one I came across but still an epic one (you lucky bugger!). So youtube are back to their old ways with the copyright violations hey... interesting. As long as its just kept to creditting the artist I can live with that (especially if it means not having to create my own music!!). That is as long as in 10 years we don't all get a bill from the record companies of course!
I'm going to get a vimeo account soon just to try it out (never a bad thing to keep companies like google on their toes!).

OP - As a web designer i'd love to hear more about the spec of the Ipad(s) you are having problems with (model, iOS version, Country you are in)? I seem to spend half my life testing websites on various devices, OS's and browser for compatibilty so if there is a glitch it never hurts to know. If say it is a latest gen Ipad with Retina I will give that a test. Its working fine on my Iphone5 though (retina) so shouldn't be that.

DeweyAXD said:
:D Thought you's like that. To be fair it was the first one I came across but still an epic one (you lucky bugger!). So youtube are back to their old ways with the copyright violations hey... interesting. As long as its just kept to creditting the artist I can live with that (especially if it means not having to create my own music!!). That is as long as in 10 years we don't all get a bill from the record companies of course!
I'm going to get a vimeo account soon just to try it out (never a bad thing to keep companies like google on their toes!).

Regarding crediting artists its a bit hard when there arent any its just a raw video with recorded audio lol.

Possible issues with some videos on yt may be also copyright related as if any video gets flagged then its quite often also blocked on mobile devices. Uploaders do get the choice if you want your videos shown on mobile devices but if you have been flagged as using copyright material you dont get this option.

Vimeo is good as it does provide better video stream quality and you can also enable people to download originals. Youtube has the upper hand of being free for all uploaders, a regular vimeo account is limited to how many videos they can upload and also only 1 hd video per month I think. I do have a premium account there which allows more uploads. Maybe I should out some more videos up there but I only put the better ones on vimeo with all my crap going to yt lol.

Seeing as yt is going nuts regarding uploads giving a strike against my account for a video that is 100% my own content. I may not have a yt account for too much longer, I filed a dispute but yt is pretty much 100% automated I think and so if the computer screws up it takes months to overturn their decisions or go through the dispute process.

Ha yes I only played that vid again after i posted and noticed a lack of track! lol priceless. I get 0.3mbs upload speed in my house so I don't think i'll be wanting to pay for vimeo just yet. I'd love to upload loads more but UK broadband speeds in small villages suck monkey balls! I think both YT and Vimeo will get massive pressure for copyright over time... no excuse for your situation at all though!

As for disputes.... Youtube = Google = An automated nightmare.
I had a a customer that complained about a review on their website. Being that I never built them a review page that puzzled me. Turned out Google had auto created a Google+ page (without them knowing of course) and someone had left a review full of innuendo (no swear words, just things like "the electrician arrived and used his big tool on my equiptment"... really bad stuff too). I set up a dispute which got rejected automatically stating the review was ok (probably as there were no swears). Eventually I got a phone number for Google and a human being who told me it was ok... (clearly having not read it).I asked them to sit there and read it out loud over the phone to me. Suffice to say they got about 10 words in and then removed it and banned the reviewer!
Sign of the times though I guess!

I'm a musician and I write my own tracks for my videos. I get flagged for copyright violation all the bloody time. It's extremely annoying.
I even had one video taken down because "The copyright owner has requested that this video be removed". That took a while to sort out.

DeweyAXD said:
Ha yes I only played that vid again after i posted and noticed a lack of track! lol priceless.

I guess you missed my artist and song title lame joke then :lol:

martcerv said:
Maybe artist should be Colin Guinn and Tiger Motor, singing the DJI phantom DRONE.

If you can't have the phantom drone as audio, and its very hard to get any music to be permitted we are in a lose lose situation with quad yt videos.

rilot said:
I'm a musician and I write my own tracks for my videos. I get flagged for copyright violation all the bloody time. It's extremely annoying.
I even had one video taken down because "The copyright owner has requested that this video be removed". That took a while to sort out.

I have had musicians give me music to use with full written permission and even then sometimes it gets flagged by some copyright owner that has nothing at all to do with the track. Possibly there may be some scammers trying to claim everything as their copyright material to get a cut of ad revenue, as a partner any video flagged you lose any rights to revenue sharing and the claimed copyright holder then gets that share. Im sure if some people get away with it enough then it would be worth their time though I suspect posting multiple false claims once found would close their accounts down instantly.

I am running ios 6.12, just updated now on my ipad 2
Then video posted a few messages back still won't play
Running Safari
Gotmchrome today and it works, but that means reinstalling all my hundresdnof bookmarks. Cant import from Safari

xstatic said:
I am running ios 6.12, just updated now on my ipad 2
Then video posted a few messages back still won't play
Running Safari
Gotmchrome today and it works, but that means reinstalling all my hundresdnof bookmarks. Cant import from Safari

Really weird that... what country are you in?

Ipad IOS7 fixed the problem with safari
Hate the new ios, reminds me of DOS 3.1

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl