Possible solution for the 'Disconnected' Issue

Reaction score
Im running the latest APP and RC Firmware (APP 3.0.1 and RC 1.8.0 - Samsung TAB S2) on my P4. Ever since I updated I have been getting the 'Disconnected' message. The P4 and Controller is connected, gimbal and everything works but NO Video Display in the APP. A real PITA. Just sometimes it will connect and everything is AOK but the first message I see is 'Transmission Signal Weak' (In RED), which stays up for a few seconds. I have found that if I move the Controller as close as possible to the P4 (touching) - the initial P4-RC-APP boots-up perfect every time. If I try and Boot with the RC moved away from the P4 - I get the 'Disconnected' message. It looks to me like the initial Boot sequence is producing a very low signal that the APP/Controller can not detect and the Video is not connecting? Just a Guess.

Im running the latest APP and RC Firmware (APP 3.0.1 and RC 1.8.0 - Samsung TAB S2) on my P4. Ever since I updated I have been getting the 'Disconnected' message. The P4 and Controller is connected, gimbal and everything works but NO Video Display in the APP. A real PITA. Just sometimes it will connect and everything is AOK but the first message I see is 'Transmission Signal Weak' (In RED), which stays up for a few seconds. I have found that if I move the Controller as close as possible to the P4 (touching) - the initial P4-RC-APP boots-up perfect every time. If I try and Boot with the RC moved away from the P4 - I get the 'Disconnected' message. It looks to me like the initial Boot sequence is producing a very low signal that the APP/Controller can not detect and the Video is not connecting? Just a Guess.

if you don't figure it out
try to revert the rc fw back to 1.6 from 1.8

it only takes about 10 minutes and yiu can do it from the go app.
1.8 seems to have issues with somethings.
my video stream connected but was extremely poor.... when on 1.8

good luck

Reactions: RAT1
I did today a firmware update for my RC and for the first time weak signal and I lost connection with my bird 3 times in very close range. RTH got in and I could gain control of my Phantom 4. I see I'm not the only one with this problem. It was a little scary. [emoji51][emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I did today a firmware update for my RC and for the first time weak signal and I lost connection with my bird 3 times in very close range. RTH got in and I could gain control of my Phantom 4. I see I'm not the only one with this problem. It was a little scary. [emoji51][emoji15]

I downgradad my remote from 1.8 -to- 1.6 and all was well again. Try that (see post #2)

Reactions: Caballete007
I hate to update firmware on anything that is working fine; computers, tablets, drone, cell phone, etc.

I hate it too specially in drones. Makes me nervous thinking in lost connection, fly away or crashing. Do they really need that many upgrades?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers