Possible P3S problem (sounds)

Reaction score
Not sure why, but my P3S is making some unusual sounds on startup and also after landing; otherwise it seems to be OK. A friend said it shouldn't be doing that (obviously), so what could be the cause of these sounds?
As I said, it seems to fly OK, and takes decent pics, but on videos, I also noticed (in the final video, not in the camera feed) a "rumbling" at what seems to be regular intervals, almost as if the gimbal's anti-vibration dampers weren't working correctly, and/or the props (I'm using the Master Airscrew "quiet(er)" props) aren't sync'ing correctly. Master Airscrew props
I'm including a couple of links t my YT channel with both the sounds experienced and the short flight I did yesterday showing the "rumble" effect.
Sounds I'm experiencing
Flight with "rumble"
The drone was repaired after a crash previously by Rekt Drones in Phoenix. Maybe they missed something?
Thanks in advance.

Not sure why, but my P3S is making some unusual sounds on startup and also after landing; otherwise it seems to be OK. A friend said it shouldn't be doing that (obviously), so what could be the cause of these sounds?
As I said, it seems to fly OK, and takes decent pics, but on videos, I also noticed (in the final video, not in the camera feed) a "rumbling" at what seems to be regular intervals, almost as if the gimbal's anti-vibration dampers weren't working correctly, and/or the props (I'm using the Master Airscrew "quiet(er)" props) aren't sync'ing correctly. Master Airscrew props
I'm including a couple of links t my YT channel with both the sounds experienced and the short flight I did yesterday showing the "rumble" effect.
Sounds I'm experiencing
Flight with "rumble"
The drone was repaired after a crash previously by Rekt Drones in Phoenix. Maybe they missed something?
Thanks in advance.
It sounds like your gimble is vibrating. Is camera listing to one side. Gimble or camera might need to be calibrated. You can do this on the app. You don't say if the gimble or camera was damaged in crash.

It sounds like your gimble is vibrating. Is camera listing to one side. Gimble or camera might need to be calibrated. You can do this on the app. You don't say if the gimble or camera was damaged in crash.
@Johnnydiesel both gimbal and camera were damaged in the crash, Rekt Drones replaced them both. Did a gimbal calibration before flight and still get the sounds pre-and-post landing and the "rumble" in the downloaded video.

Last edited:
Sounds like the gimble motor from your yt video . I would take it back to the people who repaired it and get them to check it out. I had something similar on my drone before and it was a worn motor but your gimble and camera is new. I'm wondering if you pick up the drone while switched on and tilt it left and right is the gimble vibrating and does the symptoms get worse. Either way I would take it back and get it checked.

Sounds like the gimble motor from your yt video . I would take it back to the people who repaired it and get them to check it out. I had something similar on my drone before and it was a worn motor but your gimble and camera is new. I'm wondering if you pick up the drone while switched on and tilt it left and right is the gimble vibrating and does the symptoms get worse. Either way I would take it back and get it checked.
On your last sentence, probably, yes. Had to do that to do a compass calibration, and when the aircraft's vertical for the cal, the gimbal swings back & forth somewhat, but not 'wildly'.
I'll have to wait till I get enough money to ship it down to them, as my vehicle's not in good enough condition to bring t down to Phoenix and get back again.

My bad - I had said they replaced the gimbal/camera, but they actually repaired it (replaced broken parts with new, etc.).
Taking it back to them would involve shipping it to them, then having it shipped back. For Phantoms (series), they charge a flat fee of $100, plus parts and return shipping.
Rekt Drones repair prices

On your last sentence, probably, yes. Had to do that to do a compass calibration, and when the aircraft's vertical for the cal, the gimbal swings back & forth somewhat, but not 'wildly'.
I'll have to wait till I get enough money to ship it down to them, as my vehicle's not in good enough condition to bring t down to Phoenix and get back again.
There are a few people here more knowledgeable than me . Maybe they will see post and help.

There are a few people here more knowledgeable than me . Maybe they will see post and help.
Just one more thing I thought of . Will you check the grub screw holding the yaw arm on the gimble to make sure it is tight. If it is loose it will cause the noise and vibration that you are experiencing. Best of luck bud.

Gimbal has 3 motors..yaw (top), tilt (side), roll (back). Take a metal tube or even a kitchen knife and, holding to your ear, touch each one individually to find the culprit. Even a straw can work. Only other motor is internal fan. Yaw is difficult to replace but other 2 are not. Not expensive either. YouTube has good info if you want to diy. Screws removed with allen wrench or torx driver.

This will give an idea of what's involved with yaw motor or where to look for noisy vibration. Hopefully it's one of the other 2.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31