Possible Drone Donation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm Shaun Martin Chief of Winchester Fire/Police Chatter. I previously had a phantom 3 advanced that we used to help locate suspects,dementia patients ect. We help the community any way we can at no cost. Our police department isn't allowed to use drones. So we would deploy ours and provide them with the information needed. We assist in any capacity for public safety. About a year ago my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer so I had to get rid of the drone as a last resort. I'm writing to see if you of you have a drone that you could donate. We're happy to take any model. We have over 50,000 followers and reach hundreds of thousands people daily. I also used our drone to locate a missing police officer involved in a foot pursuit. We had to leave the drone part out of the story for liability reasons. Link is below. Thanks and hope to hear from someone

Shaun Martin

Security Check Required

Winchester Police Department

Chief Shaun Martin

Hello,
I'm Shaun Martin Chief of Winchester Fire/Police Chatter. I previously had a phantom 3 advanced that we used to help locate suspects,dementia patients ect. We help the community any way we can at no cost. Our police department isn't allowed to use drones. So we would deploy ours and provide them with the information needed. We assist in any capacity for public safety. About a year ago my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer so I had to get rid of the drone as a last resort. I'm writing to see if you of you have a drone that you could donate. We're happy to take any model. We have over 50,000 followers and reach hundreds of thousands people daily. I also used our drone to locate a missing police officer involved in a foot pursuit. We had to leave the drone part out of the story for liability reasons. Link is below. Thanks and hope to hear from someone

Shaun Martin

Security Check Required

Chief Shaun Martin
HI Um would this get me a get out of jail card ? I do have p3s in good nick,but not the best on range,which is last thing you want,,have posted stuff around before but not with the batteries (classed as dangerous goods)which means the remote batt and drone batt can't be shipped,which still means buying something,,hard job you do and should be compulsory for back of the car , I'd be having words with your boss lol,borrow his credit card ,did have 4 but only have the 2 now p3s and p4,,not really want to give another away but see what else comes up,sure is a good cause.
"""Hey let's be careful out there"""(HILL STREET BLUES),,I be watching :D
Ian

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
OK Shaun,as you can see I tryed with better signal,it does help,if this p3s is up to your standed and no one else replys I will give good clean and take decal off,I had twins like this,the remote is not the best of condition but works perfect,drone was brought back in 2016 but still flys great and with no crash, pretty much fly the p4 all the time,always happens when you get something better,,one goes back in storage,it has all latest firmware aswell,,like I said if no one else reply I sort this out,,I don't mind shipping cost to US and I look into battery shipping,if I can I ship 2 batteries I have with it but not sure if that is possible to pack aswell,,there's no original box but I have docket from when I purchase so it not stolen,,I check in again soon,,some get the cracks under motors but this one still very good with none
20181101_110552.jpg
20181101_110516.jpg

Wow no further replys,am I the only one willing to help,,I don't really want to give a drone to police department with 522 flights on board,,I thought someone could have done better,,have we all got to greedy in this world or what,have already gave 2 away,I'm not rich by any means but I did think some else could have jumped in,you reading this DJI

Hello,

Shaun Martin

Security Check Required

Chief Shaun Martin

Check out MyDroneCareer.com I think they sell ebooks with money donated to drone charities you could make a YouTube video that could go viral. You could also start a crowdfunding campaign.

Wow no further replys,am I the only one willing to help,,I don't really want to give a drone to police department with 522 flights on board,,I thought someone could have done better,,have we all got to greedy in this world or what,have already gave 2 away,I'm not rich by any means but I did think some else could have jumped in,you reading this DJI

Others have probably done a bit more research than you. :rolleyes:

OK just so all know I did put the air brake on this,I did email the chief and metion my concerns and is waiting for reply if I get one--or visit from swat team,it's day time there and if was legit I would have had reply,don't know why but still feel bad,,,I reckon old Mr trump will help
Sorry chief (maxwell smart)

Reactions: umanbean
:(Update
Sad day today,got reply from the chief, appreciate my offer and tell me not a scam,,public apologies to Winchester but did pull out on the side of caution,,these days it hard to tell,,I really do hope something can be done to help and I feel very stupid for letting them down,come on dji,donate some drones,,,,couldn't wait I just email dji support for support ,they must have some spares,I now await there reply

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow to post #11,have been many scammers on this site,you are obviously not one but please excuse others for looking out for each other, we all in the same boat,never can take chances these days,just cause you posted your Gmail can still make someone a scammers, they are clever now,no I don't think it jealous at all, I was the one given it away and just acted on the side of caution,I still feel like ratshit now ,you wording very polite for police chief, it's just very odd people of your calibur are asking when should be able to obtain just like that,you only just join here and already running us down ,that's a hard and fast non profit way of working, me helping others is hurting my non profit organization aswell,,I'm on invalid benefit now (can't work) $150 a week to live on and I give stuff away,,that's non profit,,not being cheeky but really do hope you can sort something out,,
Unhappy phantom pilot Ian

*Thread CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik