Poor video signal during the flight

Reaction score
Hi guys, today I was flying with my bird and I was noticed something unusual. I connected with my Samsung Tab 4 (T-235), and video quality during the flight was poor. A lot of noise, picture was late for about 3-4 sec., I was forced to constantly keep my eye at the sky and bird, because watching my tablet was not reliable. I always do flight with this tablet and this is first time to have problem, does anybody know is the problem in tablet? Memory? Bad signal or what? (Also this was my first time to flying with DJI GO APP, previously I was flying with DJI PILOT)

Were you in an open area? Also was there anything around that could've caused radio interference?

You can always get a RF analyser from eBay, they check signals on the ISM 2.4Ghz bandwidth that the P3 operates on, any any electromagnetic 'smog' can cause signal issues.

Did you kill all running apps before starting the go app? Did you flick it into flight mode after starting the go app?

I have this same problem going with mine right now and have spent a ton of hours trying to cure it. I'm going to have to send it to dji as much as I hate to. Mine has small vertical lines that appear in the playback video. I noticed the ribbon cable at the top front of the gimbal has adhesive that sticks the cable to the gimbal plate. Mine became no longer attached allowing the ribbon cable to move freely inside the upper gimbal plate. I could move this by my finger and see a change in video resolution. I also found another redflag with the small 8-wire cable connection on the top back of the upper gimbal plate. Moving this around also displayed a change in the video.

On the channel settings page in the app, try custom mode and manually select the quietest channel.
While there, set the bitrate slider thing to minimum.
It's also worth deleting your video cache manually even if you have the auto delete after 2GB selected.
Transmission conditions do vary, you may find no issues another day or another location.

Just wanted to chime in on this thread as I began experiencing a lot of noise on the live-stream from my P3P. This happened after it warmed up for a few minutes and occurred even when the unit was within a few meters of the TX. Was about to give up and send the unit in for repair when I decided to put the original USB module back on the TX. Cured the problem so it turns out at the HDMI module that I have went bad. Something to try if you're having this issue.

Just wanted to chime in on this thread as I began experiencing a lot of noise on the live-stream from my P3P. This happened after it warmed up for a few minutes and occurred even when the unit was within a few meters of the TX. Was about to give up and send the unit in for repair when I decided to put the original USB module back on the TX. Cured the problem so it turns out at the HDMI module that I have went bad. Something to try if you're having this issue.

I don't think your issue is related to this particular issue in this thread. The issue in this thread is more so about the controller and router communication.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl