Poor quality of live preview and recording

Reaction score
Hello,

Last week I bought new Phantom 3 Professional before first flight I have done upgrade firmware because of warning information in Pilot App. Everything went well, now I use 1.2.6 firmware. Next day I had first flight the flight was very cool but live preview has not been smooth, and the recording is also not smooth. I flew a few times, I changed the type and quantity of video frames, but nothing has changed, still is not smooth - the live preview is worst then the video. To be honest control of the aircraft by FPV is not possible, the image is not smooth and very slow. The aircraft is new and I use new tablet with very good hardware (Samsung Tab S 8,4 - 1.9GHz + 1.3GHz 8 core, 3GB RAM, 2560 x 1600 (WQXGA), Adroid 4.4.2) and fast memory card Samsung Pro 90/80 MB with standard memory card is the same.

Please help me, what is wrong? How to correct it?

Thanks for support,
Best regards,

The app is a CPU hog for no good reason.

Try downgrading 'google play services' as a workaround:

1. 'Play Store' app > Settings > Auto-update apps > "Do not..." to turn off automatic updating

2. 'Settings' app> Security > Device Administrators" and uncheck/deactivate "Android Device Manager" as a device administrator

3. 'Settings' app> Applications > Application Manager > ALL (scroll right if needed to see this option) > Google Play Services > Disable (or Uninstall)... then choose to uninstall any updates from the stock version when prompted.

4. 'Settings' app> Applications > Application Manager > ALL > Google Play Services > Enable ....this will enable the older stock version of google play services

Ignore future upgrade requests for Google Maps etc as that will upgrade Google Play Services also. (until there is a proper fix from DJI)

See http://forum.dji.com/thread-22831-1-1.html for more info

Reactions: jontek
Thanks for reply.

I have just uninstalled any update of Google Play Services, Google Maps and Google Store, I switch off automatic update and Adroid Device Manager as a administrator also.

Today I will test it, hope it helps.

I will let you know.

I have just tested your solution and now is much much better :) The live preview and recording is ok, several times I saw jump video release but now I'm able to control aircraft via RC but what I noticed that recording is good only when Wifi is enabled, is it necessary? And next thing is that without wifi after 300 meters I got info on the sceen that aircraft is the ship is out of reach RC? It is very poor result?

I wanted to try result with enabled Wifi but I had issue, it looks very dangerous. During the flight on the screen i got error message - "Ultrasonics System Error - please land as soon as possible" I was able to land safe but I don't know what it means??? Is it realy dangerous as it looks, especially during the flight?

Now I'm looking information about this error and I see that not only me have this error.

Thanks for support.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers