Poolbeg Lighthouse, Dublin Bay. Phantom 4 Pro.

They wanted that built. Wonder why they didn't make the road to it straight? What year was it built? Any good fishing there?

People do go fishing there - how good I don't know. It's very shallow on one side, where the dog is splashing around. The first lighthouse was built in 1767 and the current one was built in 1820. I've no idea why it's not straight. But I see this shape in a lot of harbours so I'm presuming it's to do with the direction of the tides and currents; and maybe because there's a big sand bank on one side. Or maybe the lads building it were drunk :D that's the Irish for ya!

:)

Reactions: WV. Rootman
People do go fishing there - how good I don't know. It's very shallow on one side, where the dog is splashing around. The first lighthouse was built in 1767 and the current one was built in 1820. I've no idea why it's not straight. But I see this shape in a lot of harbours so I'm presuming it's to do with the direction of the tides and currents; and maybe because there's a big sand bank on one side. Or maybe the lads building it were drunk :D that's the Irish for ya!

:)
We had two guys from Ireland getting some cleanroom tools for thier company in Ireland. Our cleanroonm was closing. 5 of my coworkers went out drinking with the two Irish guys. The two Irish guys came to work the next morning and wondered where are the men that was helping them wrap the tools up for shipping? One only showed up for work. He said he couldn't believe how much the Irish guys could drink. They laughed and said, they drink a lot in Ireland, but they show up for work or they won't have a job.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20