POLL (Polar Pro filter users): Would you use a ND2 filter for P4P?

Would you use a Polar Pro ND2 filter for P4P?

• Yes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Now that we have a 1" sensor camera on the P4P, I find myself enjoying f2.8 for DOF control with close work video. However, the Polar Pro line of filters does not offer anything under an ND4 (CP).

The difference between naked and ND4 doesn't always give me the control I need to keep a 180º shutter at f2.8. While this may not be so much of an issue for earlier smaller sensor cameras, I think I could make good use of an ND2 with the P4P.

I'm hoping that if enough P4P customers polled say they would use it, Polar Pro would consider adding it.

Thank you.
bluesgeek f2.8 DJI_0027.jpg

Yeah, in SoCal I'm always using something like an ND16 or 32 to keep the lens in its sweet spot (f/5.6 according to me) and at 1/50 sec shutter with a low ISO.
Shooting in PAL for an EU client, I left my ND/POL off one day and ended up at f/11, maybe 1/8000 shutter speed, something up there, at ISO 100. Not the best place to be on the dial set, but I guess it helped I was shooting at 50fps. The cross-convert back to 1080p24 looks okay, so I guess I lucked out that time.
No more sunny-day SoCal flying without NDs for me though - too nerve-wracking!

I vote no. I would just the bump up that aperture. ND2 would not make too much difference like a one stop of light. One stop of light would mean going to f4 which for this lens isn't going to be noticeable regarding DOF. Being a 28mm wide angle lens one would need to get inches from a subject in order to get a proper bokeh effect, even at f2.8.

I agree, it's too granular to be worth the effort. If you really want F2.8, you could always use the ND4 and raise the ISO to 200. I doubt many could see any noticeable difference between ISO 100 and 200 on this sensor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20