PolarPro Cinema Series filters

When I shoot in Auto, the lowest ISO I seem to get is 200. I can nail the 60 shutter with either the ND16/PL or the ND32 (thank you!) but I can't seem to get the ISO down to 100. Thoughts?
That's one of the many reasons I refuse to ever shoot in auto.

That's one of the many reasons I refuse to ever shoot in auto.

I use it to help me pick the right filter then I set it to manual. Just curious if there was something I was missing. It would be nice to be able to force ISO 100 and let the Auto setting control just the shutter. If there is a way, I haven't stumbled across it yet.

I use it to help me pick the right filter then I set it to manual. Just curious if there was something I was missing. It would be nice to be able to force ISO 100 and let the Auto setting control just the shutter. If there is a way, I haven't stumbled across it yet.
No, unfortunately there isn't a way to force the ISO where you want it while still remaining in auto. At least there isn't a way that I know of.

Reactions: Chopstix Kid
When I shoot in Auto, the lowest ISO I seem to get is 200. I can nail the 60 shutter with either the ND16/PL or the ND32 (thank you!) but I can't seem to get the ISO down to 100. Thoughts?

There is an exposure triangle. If you are getting ISO 200 + 60frames/s, then to do ISO 100 you need to do 30frames/s... but you don't want to go that low

Do we still have no info on what the Native ISO is of the Phantom 4 camera? I asked that question about a week ago and no one had any inklings...

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1465275936.025368.jpg

Notice the blur effect on the sides i was talking about. This is a screen shot from the video.

Thats right, with Auto you actually don't get to choose ISO, usually it bounces back between 100 and 200. I think ISO 200 is just fine for most people. If you need to shoot at ISO 100 you will need to bump it into manual and select ISO 100 and keep an eye on the exposure levels. Good catch!
Jeff

Reactions: Chopstix Kid
View attachment 56298

Notice the blur effect on the sides i was talking about. This is a screen shot from the video.
Like @PolarPro said its just a bug from the last update DJI put out. It has been remedied in the update they just put out. Here is a little blurb they put on Twitter. Just update and you'll be good to go. Keep up the fantastic work, polar pro filters don't disappoint.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 320
Hi everyone,

I'm going on a trip to Hawaii next month and I can't decide between the CS Vivid or Shutter. I'm planning on shooting in 1080p at 60fps.

Thanks in advance for any advice! :)

Hi everyone,

I'm going on a trip to Hawaii next month and I can't decide between the CS Vivid or Shutter. I'm planning on shooting in 1080p at 60fps.

Hi Aust!
My personal preference would be the Vivid Collection, the ND8/PL and the ND16/PL will be perfect for your mid day over water shots and give your photos and videos nice saturated color. The ND4/PL will be great for sunrises/sunsets. The polarizers require you to set the polarization orientation before each flight which can take 15 to 20 seconds, personally I think the glare reduction and the increased color saturation is worth the extra effort.

Maybe some other people can comment on their personal preferences as well.

Let me know if you have any questions!
If you order from our site shoot me your order number and I can send a free Lens Cover: [email protected]

Jeff

Hey Bart,
The biggest difference noticed will be with lens flaring. The Cinema Series are coated and reduce lens flaring, you will see a difference when shooting into the sun. The glass quality differences are only going to be seen if you are punching in or cropping the 4K resolutions and even then it will be a pretty minimal difference. If you had the 2 side by side at 1080 as a youtube video, most likely the only difference you would see is the AR coating helping reduce lens flaring.

Jeff

I just purchased the Gunmetal Edition with 3 filters. What is the difference between these and the cinema series? The reason I ask is you used to offer the six cinema for $149.99, but the only way I see to get all six is the 2 sets of 3 filters for $99 each or the "Cinematographers Collection" which includes the 6 cinema filters, but the 3 Gunmetal Filters I already have. Thanks.

Hey Jeff I'm having a little trouble with the vivid collection, when I put them on the camera everything gets over exposed. Do you know why this is happening ? I set the iso to 100 and double the shutter speed. I also rotate the lens to try and get the best results . When I use the other set gunmetal collection it's fine. Thanks bro

Hi everyone,

I personally shoot with the straight ND filters. You can always color correct in post.

Hey Jeff I'm having a little trouble with the vivid collection, when I put them on the camera everything gets over exposed. Do you know why this is happening ? I set the iso to 100 and double the shutter speed. I also rotate the lens to try and get the best results . When I use the other set gunmetal collection it's fine. Thanks bro
If you are having trouble with exposure while shooting in manual I would recommend kicking it into auto exposure and it will properly expose. Try that and let me know how it turns out,

Jeff

I just purchased the Gunmetal Edition with 3 filters. What is the difference between these and the cinema series? The reason I ask is you used to offer the six cinema for $149.99, but the only way I see to get all six is the 2 sets of 3 filters for $99 each or the "Cinematographers Collection" which includes the 6 cinema filters, but the 3 Gunmetal Filters I already have. Thanks.

The difference is quoted above: "The biggest difference noticed will be with lens flaring. The Cinema Series are coated and reduce lens flaring, you will see a difference when shooting into the sun. The glass quality differences are only going to be seen if you are punching in or cropping the 4K resolutions and even then it will be a pretty minimal difference. If you had the 2 side by side at 1080 as a youtube video, most likely the only difference you would see is the AR coating helping reduce lens flaring."

We offer a 6-Pack of the standard filters for $149.99 (these are not part of the Cinema Series)

You can purchase all 6 Cinema Series filters by purchasing the 2 sets:
DJI Phantom 4 Filters - Cinema Series - Vivid Collection
DJI Phantom 4 Cinema Series-Shutter Collection

Let me know if you have any other questions!!
-Jeff

Reactions: Matt122;
Hi Aust!
My personal preference would be the Vivid Collection, the ND8/PL and the ND16/PL will be perfect for your mid day over water shots and give your photos and videos nice saturated color. The ND4/PL will be great for sunrises/sunsets. The polarizers require you to set the polarization orientation before each flight which can take 15 to 20 seconds, personally I think the glare reduction and the increased color saturation is worth the extra effort.

Maybe some other people can comment on their personal preferences as well.

Let me know if you have any questions!
If you order from our site shoot me your order number and I can send a free Lens Cover: [email protected]

Jeff

Thanks for the reply, Jeff. I just went to order the Vivid Collection and it looks like its sold out. :( Any idea when they'll be back in stock?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl