Polar Pro Filters from Best Buy

Reaction score
I have a question for those that have purchased these filters from Best Buy.

What was the quality like? Are the filters glass or plastic? DJI's are plastic from what I can tell and I've already got a small scratch on my protector. I was thinking that $50 is enough for a 4, 8, and 16 as long as they're glass I'll get them. I'm also probably going to get their $30 uv filter to keep on the camera to protect the lens and not get as easily scratched as plastic can.

They are glass.

DJI's filters are also glass. If you'd like, you can buy an OEM UV filter replacement from DJI here.

The PolarPro filters have a lot of good reviews here on Amazon.
Thanks for that. Next question does the gimbal lock not work with the filter attached? I saw a review and I don't always trust them but it is a concern.

If it doesn't then perhaps just cutting that front cover away would allow it to fit.

The gimbal lock will not fit with the PolarPro filters attached.

I'm hoping Polar Pro makes a new guard soon, it's a bummer taking the filter off all the time. I have been using the ones from BB for a few weeks now and like them.

I'm surprised they haven't modified their P4 gimbal lock yet to fit the P4P. Maybe it's not a hot enough seller to bother.

Why buy a new guard when you can just cut the face of the OEM clamp off , that's what I did and my pp filters now fit with the OEM clamp on
Yep -- that modification is certainly an option. More on that can be found here and here.

You're right, as always.... o_O Didn't read the fine print. Was sent to there by another member on here. LOL

That first link for the modification isn't such a good idea, no protection for the lens. The second one was the one I was referring to the Dremel tool...

Emailed polar pro and asked if their gimbal guard for the p4 would fit the shutter series nd filters for the p4p and this is their reply:

Scott (PolarPro)

Mar 21, 7:03 PM PDT

No, but we should have the P4Pro Lens Cover available in late April. We'll update the website as soon as that is available, so thanks for your interest!

Nice! :)

Please keep us posted on the BB filters. I'm really new to this and considering these also. Sure would like to hear your thoughts after you use them.

Thanks !!

Polar pro just updated....P4P Gimbal Guard is now available.....just ordered, I will update when I receive it.

Reactions: DJI-Polar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20