Polar lenses

Reaction score
Flew today using polar nod 16-32-64 lenses in somewhat bright day. This was for still frames. Left camera in auto. I really couldn't tell any difference!
Any ideas?

Do you mean PolarPro neutral density filters?

The point of using neutral density filters is to use them for video, not still photos, and to set the exposure manually, not leave it in auto.

You might want to read up on neutral density filters as well as how to use the camera.

Reactions: HWCM
Do you mean PolarPro neutral density filters?

The point of using neutral density filters is to use them for video, not still photos, and to set the exposure manually, not leave it in auto.

You might want to read up on neutral density filters as well as how to use the camera.
Thanks! That makes more sense. I'll read up.

Thanks! That makes more sense. I'll read up.

YouTube has lots of good tutorials on ND filters with respect to drone photography. Tom's Tech Time is a good channel to start with.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Flew today using polar nod 16-32-64 lenses in somewhat bright day. This was for still frames. Left camera in auto. I really couldn't tell any difference!
Any ideas?
All you are doing when you add ND is slowing down the shutter speed. On auto, the camera will just adjust the same way it would if, for instance, the sun went behind clouds. When using them for video, set the camera to manual, ISO to 100 and add ND until you can keep the EV value near 0 with the shutter speed around twice the framing rate (I.e. FPS at 60, shutter at 1/120).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl