Point of interest and P3

Reaction score
Hi there,

I searched and searched and searched, wish I'd read better before ordering. Is there any way by now to have POI or the only option will be a standalone app develop by someone else?

I have the p2 and loved it, put in it the GS in the hope of POI coming up, no luck, now is already up for sale, as due to a project I want to do the POI feature is mandatory.

Or shall I cancel the order and get the solo, which will ship in few weeks?

Cheers and thanks for your opinion,
Dorin

This application developer is working on a Phantom 3 version of their app:
http://autoflightlogic.com/autopilotphantom

The Phantom manual also mentions POI, so I'm assuming DJI is going to actually add that feature at some point.

POI coming in the next couple of months.
I thought get Blade Strike said GS was coming. I don't know that DJI ever promised GS, follow me or point of interest. I see that they have mentioned it's in the SDK.

With this said, I have no doubt that several developers will make apps to include these features. The good thing, I'm sure there will be several apps to choose from. The downside, the additional expense.

Edit : I stand corrected. Msinger mentions poi is in the manual.

Last edited:
Yes, POI will be there in a future update..

Reactions: ctp
I don't know that DJI ever promised GS, follow me or point of interest.
The Phantom manual states the following in the IOC section:
"Home Lock and Point of Interest feature are coming soon"

Last edited:
Thanks Blade Strike, just any timeframe? I remember when I bought the P2 it was said the GS will come in Feb only to be finally available around end April-May. Glad to know POI will come, and be developed by DJI!
Cheers,
Dorin

Reactions: 4ever9er
Thanks Blade Strike, just any timeframe? I remember when I bought the P2 it was said the GS will come in Feb only to be finally available around end April-May. Glad to know POI will come, and be developed by DJI!
Cheers,
Dorin
I'll mention that DJI stated, in a few months... and this was a few months before the P3 was released. Wang said he did not attend the launch as he thought there was issues with the P3. I suspect part of this was that the app did not have a lot of things they were selling as included.

Cheers,
Dorin

Sorry not going to give a timeframe.. They never seem to be accurate anyways.

This application developer is working on a Phantom 3 version of their app:
http://autoflightlogic.com/autopilotphantom

The Phantom manual also mentions POI, so I'm assuming DJI is going to actually add that feature at some point.
The developer lives in Austin, TX. I met him at the Drone meetup he hosted on Meetup.com a few weeks ago. He was showing off his app for the P2Vision+ about 1 week ahead of the P3 launch which he was invited to attend in NYC by DJI.
I didn't own a P2Vision+ but the app looked nice. He's our best hope for the fastest app to market to have these features.

The developer lives in Austin, TX. I met him at the Drone meetup he hosted on Meetup.com a few weeks ago. He was showing off his app for the P2Vision+ about 1 week ahead of the P3 launch which he was invited to attend in NYC by DJI.
I didn't own a P2Vision+ but the app looked nice. He's our best hope for the fastest app to market to have these features.
Logan off topic a little but how many people attend the Austin meetups?

How is the developer that your speaking of ?
Whats the name of his app ?
Thanks

Can someone explain what POI is?
POI = point of interest.

Say an object you want to fly around, church, tower etc.

The application should allow you to fly X distance around said object whilst facing forward.

Can someone explain what POI is?
POI is point of interest, it refers to a place or object that the pilot wants to circle around while keeping the camera pointed at it. An example would be a video of a lighthouse, where the P3 circles completely around it, keeping it in the video frame the entire time.

Reactions: Lgibson100
Logan off topic a little but how many people attend the Austin meetups?
I've only been to that one and it was put together because the dev wanted to show off his app and I think maybe brag a little that DJI was inviting him to the P3 launch ;) much deserved as it may though.
There was about 10-12 people who showed up. All ranges of skills, race, ages, gender. Austin is kind of like that though.
I'll be at the drone booth for the Austin Mini Maker Faire this weekend for a few hours on Sat and maybe a bit on Sunday.
http://austinmakerfaire.com/

I've only been to that one and it was put together because the dev wanted to show off his app and I think maybe brag a little that DJI was inviting him to the P3 launch ;) much deserved as it may though.
There was about 10-12 people who showed up. All ranges of skills, race, ages, gender. Austin is kind of like that though.
I'll be at the drone booth for the Austin Mini Maker Faire this weekend for a few hours on Sat and maybe a bit on Sunday.
http://austinmakerfaire.com/
Can't make this weekend, but I signed up and hope to make a future meet-up.
Thanks for the info!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic