POI is NEEDED !

Reaction score
So I am a newbe with a little over an hour on the P3P. Thought I would try to fly a POI flight manually. It is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Now in my defense, it was rather windy and I put the prop guards on due to a bunch of people below. I really hope that DJI stands by their word and gets the FOLLOW ME and POI up and running in the pilot app.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
&

Reactions: Geert and nobr3ga
You won't find DJI stating that this would be added to the Pilot app. It will be added to 3rd party apps (it already is, just waiting on an updated firmware from DJI).

Page 53 of the latest user manual says it is coming soon and does not refer to 3rd party. On the web, it states SDK developement of them, but not in the manual.

Reactions: snowghost
Yes, it's a hard maneuver to learn. I also think POI sounds stupid lol! Orbit. I want to orbit an object.

The POI feature that's built into the P3/I1 firmware is surprinsingly good (compared to follow me):

Only an hour? Come back after the crash.
We can help you fix it... :)

It takes time

It just takes a bit of practice and then it will come very naturally, patience young jedi ;)
Oh, I understand it will come with practice. As a CFIIMEI in the big stuff, I didn't do spot landings single engine in the Piper Cheyenne PA 42 on my first try either.

The POI feature that's built into the P3/I1 firmware is surprinsingly good (compared to follow me):
So that is what I was referring to. You must be IOS and not android. Hell, we don't even get the sim with android. Like we were the bastard son or something. Come on DJI, let's get the android side up to equality with ios

Only an hour? Come back after the crash.
We can help you fix it... :)

It takes time
Gee, if I have to stay away until I crash, hope to say it's been nice knowing ya all;) cause I plan to stay away from that part of this sport if possible.:D

It has already been confirmed the POI will be in the Pilot app..

Seems kinda silly for DJI to outsource these smart features to 3rd party developers when they have a nice and feature packed app of their own. This requires the 3rd party developers to make their app match the features and looks of DJI's app or otherwise there is a need to use two or more apps which is quite inconvenient for the users.

Reactions: Toseef Ahmad
Just a suggestion from my experience flying P1, P2, PV+, and now the P3 ... don't take off or land directly from an asphalt parking lot or even a field. The rotor wash will kick-up small debris that can damage your camera and props. I bring a small tarp along to launch from, or launch from the top of my hard case. When I land, I catch my birds at about shoulder height. I figured this out when I started flying with the P1. I couldn't understand how I got chips in the propellers when I didn't strike anything. Then I realized there was small debris being turned-up at takeoffs and landings.

Just a suggestion from my experience flying P1, P2, PV+, and now the P3 ... don't take off or land directly from an asphalt parking lot or even a field. The rotor wash will kick-up small debris that can damage your camera and props. I bring a small tarp along to launch from, or launch from the top of my hard case. When I land, I catch my birds at about shoulder height. I figured this out when I started flying with the P1. I couldn't understand how I got chips in the propellers when I didn't strike anything. Then I realized there was small debris being turned-up at takeoffs and landings.
POI related how?

Reactions: acherman
So that is what I was referring to. You must be IOS and not android. Hell, we don't even get the sim with android. Like we were the bastard son or something. Come on DJI, let's get the android side up to equality with ios
Litchi is Android only actually.

It has already been confirmed the POI will be in the Pilot app..
It's been confirmed by DJI employees and it's been denied by DJI employees. DJI employee had also stayed that GS would be in the Pilot app around the time the P3 was released. DJI also claimed to Pilot app was available for Android and that the app has a flight sim.

Is there an acronym for, I'll believe it when I see it?

It's going to have, just is not cutting it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers