Please help tweak my finished video (Slight Judder) via iMovie

Reaction score
Hi there - I was wondering is someone can take a quick look at my video and watch for slight judder and help me figure out what is causing it. I'm filming in 1080P, with no filters, and the frame rate / ETC set at factory settings. Using a 2016 iMac OS Sierra. If you notice some parts of the video are smooth, while others have a slight judder. Maybe I need to set the frame rate on the drone / iMovie to help with this? Thanks for any help!

Two things noticed...

1- No filters and stock settings in the sun will result in too high of a shutter speed. Try and get the shutter @ 2x the FPS with the use of filters. If you shoot @ 24 fps, you want your shutter around 1/50 of a second.

2- Looks like some of the clips are sped up? Speeding up clips will sometimes exaggerate the micro movements, giving the video a gittering look...

Hope that helps!

Helihover - You are correct! I did modify the speeds in some clips. I also reversed direction is a few of the clips that exhibit judder. I love having that flexibility to do that, but do not like the results. I'm willing to upgrade to final cut pro if that would fix these issues?

I do have a ND-16 ? filter, but have not tried it yet. I'm going to try and shoot another vid with the filter and use your settings and I will again change the speed and direction so I can compare apples to apples - Once done I will post the vid here. Thanks for the response!

No prob! Your software is definitely not your problem:). You can view my YT videos by clicking the link in my sig and see some pretty good stuff all edited on an iPad!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20