Please Help Quad Destroyed

The new V3 has the 2.1 ESC for certain. At lease mine does. I have yet to fly as I was waiting for some conclusion to these issues. My Phantom 1 is still going strong.

aarontshirt said:
The new V3 has the 2.1 ESC for certain. At lease mine does. I have yet to fly as I was waiting for some conclusion to these issues. My Phantom 1 is still going strong.

It's to my understanding that if you have 2.1 ESC's means you also have v4.06 ESC firmware. It's said that with that combo, you will not experience what others have went through. The only real down fall to what I just spoke about is, I did not see nor read that info from any kind of dji documentation. My advice would be to research for that info and make up your own mind on what you want to do.

some came with 2.0, so there are a few combo's.. Problem is most v3 owners are un willing to take the cover off to share.
I'm still trying to find a place who a) has heard of 2.1 and b) sells it.

It would be good if v3 owners who don't crash after 20 or 30 flights post up which ESC they have been running.. then we could at least start to compile some data with a possible winning combo match.. you know.. if DJI don't finnaly beat us to it :/

aarontshirt said:

BTW Frank... I had 2 questions.. but after I had finished I had thought up another 8. Nothing gets past your eagle eyes ay :p

justin00 said:
some came with 2.0, so there are a few combo's.. Problem is most v3 owners are un willing to take the cover off to share.

The 2.1 ESCs were available in the UK as spares a while back.
EDIT: I have just checked with BYOD and 2.1 is the only ESC revision they sell.

I tipped my P2 V2 (with the "new" ESCs) over on landing on my first or second flight. I bought a new ESC and it was a 2.1. The ones fitted to my "latest model" bought a month ago were v2.0.

I am therefore flying with 3*2.0 and 1*2.1.

And have done around 20 flights so far with this combo (2312s too obviously)

justin00 said:
It would be good if v3 owners who don't crash after 20 or 30 flights post up which ESC they have been running.. then we could at least start to compile some data with a possible winning combo match.. you know.. if DJI don't finnaly beat us to it :/

flyNfrank: sorry if I missed this, but for the above suggestion to work it would be useful to know how many flights your combo had done until the accident ?
Thanks.

Hughie said:
justin00 said:

The 2.1 ESCs were available in the UK as spares a while back. I tipped my P2 V2 (with the "new" ESCs) over on landing on my first or second flight. I bought a new ESC and it was a 2.1. The ones fitted to my "latest model" bought a month ago were v2.0.

I'm curious "what tells what" which ESC you have in order for the firmware to know which ESC firmware version needs to be installed?

Hughie said:
justin00 said:

flyNfrank: sorry if I missed this, but for the above suggestion to work it would be useful to know how many flights your combo had done until the accident ?
Thanks.

15 total with a 13 minute average flight time.

flyNfrank said:
Hughie said:
justin00 said:

The 2.1 ESCs were available in the UK as spares a while back. I tipped my P2 V2 (with the "new" ESCs) over on landing on my first or second flight. I bought a new ESC and it was a 2.1. The ones fitted to my "latest model" bought a month ago were v2.0.

I'm curious "what tells what" which ESC you have in order for the firmware to know which ESC firmware version needs to be installed?
I think it is simply a case that the hardware is fixed and they install whatever the latest f/w version is at the time of manufacture.

flyNfrank said:
aarontshirt said:

It's to my understanding that if you have 2.1 ESC's means you also have v4.06 ESC firmware. It's said that with that combo, you will not experience what others have went through. The only real down fall to what I just spoke about is, I did not see nor read that info from any kind of dji documentation. My advice would be to research for that info and make up your own mind on what you want to do.

I would love to believe that but a post on this thread reports a similar mode of failure with the latest firmware
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=view ... D1&lang=en

We are now over 150 posts, so again apologies if this has been covered; but I wondered was there any possibility that you were supplied the old ESCs instead of the newer ones. These are documented as being incompatible with the 2312s, and, there seems to be a lot of confusion over whether or not all v2.0s are compatible since it is not possible to verify the programmed firmware of any given ESC.

If this were true it would demystify things a bit.

I have checked with two DJI suppliers in the UK, and both claim to have shipped hundreds of the upgraded P2s in the last month or so, and claim not to have a single warranty return from those sold.

:eek:

Hughie said:
We are now over 150 posts, so again apologies if this has been covered; but I wondered was there any possibility that you were supplied the old ESCs instead of the newer ones. These are documented as being incompatible with the 2312s, and, there seems to be a lot of confusion over whether or not all v2.0s are compatible since it is not possible to verify the programmed firmware of any given ESC.

If this were true it would demystify things a bit.

I have checked with two DJI suppliers in the UK, and both claim to have shipped hundreds of the upgraded P2s in the last month or so, and claim not to have a single warranty return from those sold.

<<I have checked with two DJI suppliers in the UK, and both claim to have shipped hundreds of the upgraded P2s in the last month or so, and claim not to have a single warranty return from those sold.>>

That's what I posted as well after I spoke with the dji tech's and the general manager where I buy my quads, and they both reacted the same. Saying they had not hear anything yet. Maybe we should go and ask some of those that posted on here about ?

flyNfrank said:
Hughie said:
That's what I posted as well after I spoke with the dji tech's and the general manager where I buy my quads, and they both reacted the same. Saying they had not hear anything yet. Maybe we should go and ask some of those that posted on here about ?

Yes, something does not seem quite right.

Hughie said:
flyNfrank said:
Hughie said:

Yes, something does not seem quite right.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=view ... D1&lang=en

If you look down to about the 8th post on this DJI forum thread that's been posted here a couple of times, it looks like someone named "siweckipawel" may be a dealer since he talks about selling 20 units (newest P2) and getting 3 back with overheating failures. A little further down the thread "nhilliard" says he's replaced 3 ESCs for overheating in his 2-week ownership of a P2V+V3. With at least one dealer seeing a 15% failure rate in new products and the second guy replacing 3 out of 4 ESCs in the same bird, it looks like there is a real problem. Burlbark and Hutch have posted that they are repairing these problems for people daily so there has to be a flaw somewhere. Since the problem isn't seen universally by dealers, maybe it would be interesting to find out serial #'s and distribution paths for the affected birds to look for commonalities in manufacturing time frame and component usage. Maybe you could PM this dealer to find out where he is and get more detail. Just a thought.

I don't know a lot about Burlbark and Hutch. I do know hutch has been a go to guy for gimbal repair. I don't remember hearing anything about burlbark until today. I had 2 pm's from members today and each of them said the burlbark guy was a snake oil salesman. I have seen a few people ask for the burlpark guy to post some pic's from his own, but it didn't happened unless it happened recently.

Btw, if you pay close attention to some of the images that has been shown, you can see some poor installs. Not all, but most. And you never see any quad that shows signs of motors issues throughout the ESC system like there would be if motor wires are the culprit.

Also below is a video that is just like when my quad fell from the sky.
(as a treat this quad had audio which we know is rare)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GRpRdQWfxw[/youtube]

MacCool said:
So...all four of your ESC's fried at exactly the same time?
it wasn't his video, but it seems that all of the Motors cut off at once since there was no sound

The secondary sound of the prop spinning may have just been from autorotation

flyNfrank said:
I don't know a lot about Burlbark and Hutch. I do know hutch has been a go to guy for gimbal repair. I don't remember hearing anything about burlbark until today. I had 2 pm's from members today and each of them said the burlbark guy was a snake oil salesman. I have seen a few people ask for the burlpark guy to post some pic's from his own, but it didn't happened unless it happened recently.

Btw, if you pay close attention to some of the images that has been shown, you can see some poor installs. Not all, but most. And you never see any quad that shows signs of motors issues throughout the ESC system like there would be if motor wires are the culprit.

Also below is a video that is just like when my quad fell from the sky.
(as a treat this quad had audio which we know is rare)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GRpRdQWfxw[/youtube]
wow. If you look at 28 seconds, it almost hits 3 people. It is within a meter or 2 of them. Yikes!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl