Plane detection?

Reaction score
So i live on a farm in the UK with 120 acres of land i thought today i would get my drone out anyways a quick look up no plans no nothing I was driving my drone for lets say 15mins i was 220ft and i noticed this aeroplane like the 1-2 man one it waa under my drone i was like [Language edited by Admin] so i didnt move i just let the drone hover would he of detected my drone its a p3a

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't have called either. If it becomes common place, I would try to find out who it is. I have to watch out for a helicopter that flies low over the mountain I live on. He flies 200 or 300 feet over all the time. I don't hear well and he is on me before I know it. One time he flew under my drone not far from me. It had me shook up. Never got a good picture of it.

I wouldn't have called either. If it becomes common place, I would try to find out who it is. I have to watch out for a helicopter that flies low over the mountain I live on. He flies 200 or 300 feet over all the time. I don't hear well and he is on me before I know it. One time he flew under my drone not far from me. It had me shook up. Never got a good picture of it.

I wish i did get vid or pic but i just stood still and watched thinking god he looks close haha

Ahhh I am out of touch, didn't know there was an airfield there lol

There is some flight tracker apps for planes near by but sometimes not to accurate, planes and helicopters can appear out of no where,

Hi I am a Pilot as well as a Drone user, the flying rule states not to fly below 400ft unless approaching to land or takeoff. One exception is training for engine failure (single engine aircraft). where you select a field and approach but again the 400ft rule should not be broken.
So this Plane was breaking CAA rules. This rule also applies to Heli's.

This is the reason why we are not supposed to be flying above 400ft....

Hi I am a Pilot as well as a Drone user, the flying rule states not to fly below 400ft unless approaching to land or takeoff. One exception is training for engine failure (single engine aircraft). where you select a field and approach but again the 400ft rule should not be broken.

I have done abit of reading about this & i thought i was in the wrong at first but clearly he was and yep i waa only 200ft. thanks for your post

Where I am some little cesnas come past here 200ft tops,,,I complain to airport just up road and the tell me I was lying,,,it kept happening so when it did some sight seeing circles I put my p4 up to get a height and picture of aircraft in question,,safely ofcourse but stupid plane didn't come round again,,,I again contact airport to say this plane is very low and I put my drone up to get proof of it,,,there no way I was any threat to plane even if it returned but man did I get told off by me Aviation buddies,,its lucky they not prosecuted me,,,,,I was right but plane was wrong but I lost this fight so best just to keep eyes and ears open and have good lawyer on standby ,,,oh the lessons I have learnt,

Where I am some little cesnas come past here 200ft tops,,,I complain to airport just up road and the tell me I was lying,,,it kept happening so when it did some sight seeing circles I put my p4 up to get a height and picture of aircraft in question,,safely ofcourse but stupid plane didn't come round again,,,I again contact airport to say this plane is very low and I put my drone up to get proof of it,,,there no way I was any threat to plane even if it returned but man did I get told off by me Aviation buddies,,its lucky they not prosecuted me,,,,,I was right but plane was wrong but I lost this fight so best just to keep eyes and ears open and have good lawyer on standby ,,,oh the lessons I have learnt,
Are these,”Aviation buddies” really friends of yours? Have you met with them and do they really know you. Or it it a NZ term you use? They don’t sound too friendly.

Oh no I'm sure there heads roll when I email them lol ?
It's like quick hes back ,put the closed sign out.no not really buddies cause they seem to tell me off most times I contact them,,my terminology,,let's say I behave better now as a pilot
It is better now ,,its better for both sides

Reactions: dronesky
Oh no I'm sure there heads roll when I email them lol ?
It's like quick hes back ,put the closed sign out.no not really buddies cause they seem to tell me off most times I contact them,,my terminology,,let's say I behave better now as a pilot
It is better now ,,its better for both sides

I live just outside the red zone, and when I start up I get the "Fly with caution" come up. I never fly alone there is always someone with me as lookout. It has been great with the lockdown, no small planes have flown over, for about 11 weeks now..

When you fly could you not email or call them and tell them you are flying and will not go above the limit??

Stay safe - Len

I live just outside the red zone, and when I start up I get the "Fly with caution" come up. I never fly alone there is always someone with me as lookout. It has been great with the lockdown, no small planes have flown over, for about 11 weeks now..

When you fly could you not email or call them and tell them you are flying and will not go above the limit??

Stay safe - Len
Oh we nearly back at level 1 lockdown,there's planes about again,to be honest I could contact them if needed but I'm really trying not to be know unless need be,,bit late for that now but I not like to attract attention, already know as a local drone pilot so carefull not to cop any havoc from others that fly in the area aswell that may cause me to get a visit from the law,,I rearly go above 400ft nowadays,there's no need to go to space,,
Thanks I appreciate your post,,take care Ian

Reactions: dronesky and Lenj
Hi I am a Pilot as well as a Drone user, the flying rule states not to fly below 400ft unless approaching to land or takeoff. One exception is training for engine failure (single engine aircraft). where you select a field and approach but again the 400ft rule should not be broken. get-mobdro.com tubemate

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20