Pix4d -vs- Drone Deploy

Reaction score
I have watched video after video, have flown mapping missions with Drone Deploy and stitched them together, and chased website after website.. I am trying to locate a VERY detailed software program for mapping Crime Scenes and Traffic Fatalities.

I have looked at Drone Deploy maps, which are great, but really don't show the detail of damage to the side of a vehicle, or zoom in on a shell casing in the road.. I might be watching construction or just regular agriculture mapping software and not the correct software.. I did see where you use Drone Deploy and after flying the mission, you take an Osmo and video the inside of the vehicle to see the airbags, blood within the vehicle, or gauges in the dash, and that did look pretty good... But am looking for some very detailed software that I can show in court on a Homicide case.. I understand that all of them show measurements, which helps a lot, but I need some crystal clear video and very detailed information.. Am I looking in the wrong place? Or is the mapping software kinda just overall placement of objects.. I am not asking to read the head stamp of a shell casing at 50 feet, but would like to be able to read the number of the Photo Marker in the street and zoom in to see its a shell casing and not a bag of weed..

Sorry for a long question, the Department doesn't mind the yearly dues of Drone Deploy, but I can not show them the clarity and very detailed videos... I will post a link to the video that uses the Osmo along with the mapping, looks pretty good, but is there anything else better out there??

At 13 minutes 20 seconds is where they utilize the Osmo and get additional video, they DID like this to add to the documentation...

Thank you all for any assistance.. They just want perfection on the first purchase... You know how that goes.. LOL..

Be safe...

Reactions: Cellblock776

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik