Pix4D Capture vs. Drone Deploy for ArcGIS Drone2Map on Android 7.1.1 (Lenovo Tab 4)

Reaction score
Soooo....I am finally somewhat set up with Drone2Map (D2M) and I am hoping some of you can give me your opinions on which app, Pix4D vs. Drone Deploy would be best for processing in D2M. From what I gather, ArcGIS's D2M uses Pix4D to process the maps....but leaves it up to us to decide which platform to actually fly. I am only familiar with Drone Deploy as a pre-flight planning/mapping software. Pix4D looks very nice though.

Does anyone know if one works better than the other....or do they both record EXIF the same and can be used equally well with D2M?

Another consideration is my tablet. I use a Lenovo Tab 4 10 with Android 7.1.1. Litchi and Drone Deploy work very well. But I did read some fairly old forum talk about having issues with this tablet. Anyone use this tablet specfically with Pix4D?

It would really be great to find out if the issues still exist before downloading all new software and running the bird up.

Thank you very much in advance. I love this forum. Everyone has been so helpful to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanDiego
The EXIF data is produced by the drone and not the app. In my opinion, I prefer Pix4D. It is a little difficult to navigate compared to DD, but has more features that are easier to apply. If you are interested in 3D rendering, it offers a specific setting that will allow a more detailed render. Last time I used DD it did not have it, just the normal 2D.

Reactions: ARAerial
That is what I was thinking, after taking a look. It looked like it offered a lot more. Now I just need to know if the Pix4D Capture app works well with my Lenovo Tab 4 Plus now.....

Hope someone will answer soon! ;)

That is what I was thinking, after taking a look. It looked like it offered a lot more. Now I just need to know if the Pix4D Capture app works well with my Lenovo Tab 4 Plus now.....

Hope someone will answer soon! ;)
Try it yourself. It won't break it.

Soooo....I am finally somewhat set up with Drone2Map (D2M) and I am hoping some of you can give me your opinions on which app, Pix4D vs. Drone Deploy would be best for processing in D2M. From what I gather, ArcGIS's D2M uses Pix4D to process the maps....but leaves it up to us to decide which platform to actually fly. I am only familiar with Drone Deploy as a pre-flight planning/mapping software. Pix4D looks very nice though.
Either is fine. Use whichever you like best or understand better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav