Pilot software for P3 Advanced

Reaction score
Guys looking for a bit of help with the P3 advanced
what is the best app to fly this drone
I have looked in Play Store and found the P3 or before so downloaded that app DJI GO to my phone which seems to look ok
The phone is a little small on the screen so I tried downloading it to my Galaxy Note 10.1 and an old Tesco huddle tablet but comes up error when trying to launch the app message reads unfortunately DJI go has stopped and shows two checkboxes either report or ok
I have not set the drone up with the app on my phone as yet because I am looking to do it on a bigger screen
Has anybody come across this problem before and can help me I would be much obliged

Welcome aboard. Before you go jumping the gun so to speak. First, if you have not done so already, download the full manual and read it a minimum of 3 times completely, then read it again. ( Link Below ) As for apps. You must use GO to start with or you won't be able to fly. The aircraft must be registered with both DJI and the FAA First. The FAA registration is seperate.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/20170706/Phantom+3+Advanced+User+Manual+v1.8.pdf

Go is finicky on Android devices but works well when it runs. The Litchi app is very solid alternative, though I don't have any specific knowledge on how well it would work on a Note either.

Debug mode may help :
If Developer Options are unavailable navigate: Apps > Settings > About phone then tap Build number 7 times.

1. From a Home screen, navigate: Apps
    apps_icon.gif
    > Settings.
    linote.gif
    These instructions apply to Standard mode only.
  2. From the System section, tap Developer options.
  3. Ensure the Developer options switch (located in the upper-right) is turned on
    switch_on.gif
  4. From the DEBUGGING section, tap USB debugging to enable or disable.
    linote.gif
    Enabled when a check mark is present.
  5. If presented with "Allow USB debugging", tap OK.

I am using the latest GO (prior to P4) on Android 7. Very stable. Litchi is iffy for me. I heard there was an update so will test it out next week.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164