Pictures

Reaction score
I am new to owning a phantom 4 pro, had two DJI sparks before hand.

As I’m taking pictures on the drone , using an iPad Air 2 for my screen , the pics seem dull and not crisp, however once I’ve downloaded the pics to the iPad , they become a lot better and crisp. Is there a way to see the better pic detail ahead of downloading it off the drone or no? What am I missing ?
Thanks for the advice
Mike

Before downloading, all you get is a low res thumbnail. It's just the way it is.

However, when you see a video/ photo that looks crisp in your screen…you know you have a winner. I find that time of day-weather-timing-etc is crucial.
Also, be sure your aperture will focus on the entire image. My ‘auto’ aperture was setting at f2, at. 400-700 feet up ( I know I know, that’s too high) everything was blurry. F8 offers a good depth of field. Experiment.

Also, be sure your aperture will focus on the entire image. My ‘auto’ aperture was setting at f2, at. 400-700 feet up ( I know I know, that’s too high) everything was blurry. F8 offers a good depth of field. Experiment.
Unless you are really, really close to your photo subject, depth of field is irrelevant for aerial photography.
The lens has so much DoF at any aperture and your subjects are usually >15 feet away that DoF will never be a concern.

I've PM'd you with a link to an article I wrote about how to get better pictures with aerial photography. It has links to other related articles as well. I hope that it is helpful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers