Photos from flight at Bewl Water Kent UK

Reaction score
804360a1775fd0b576b8f2ec836ebaa0.jpg
5703fa72211135974ea644fc5a1dcb3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Lovely..
For more than 100 years, our family had a 500 year old cottage at the western end of the dam. It was situated on what was the original London - Hastings Road. Naturally the cottage was completely destroyed during the full flooding of the valley in 1976. I can recall the earthmoving machines working the initial construction of the dam base in the summer of '72. We finally left the cottage in late '73 when the work began in earnest. We loved the area so we were fortunate to then have a large caravan at Bewl Bridge Farm which backs onto the dam. One of the control buildings was modelled on the cottage. I really must get down there next year to get some footage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geg7675
There's a good pub nearby as well :) And a coffee roaster that's open for takeout Saturday mornings.

Very nice photos, had not thought of flying around there. Had a play on an disused gravel workings today, furthest I have flown the P3P

Reactions: Geg7675
2016-11-15.png

Its an old gravel extraction site, but its be cleaned up so a mix of fields and scrubland. Distance wise only half a mile, but have been flying a F450 without camera until now! The site has been handed back to the landowner, but there is a road running through it, a crossing over the river (locked gate), WW2 pillbox. Its mainly used by dog walkers, but I managed to avoid them. There is a footpath along the SE corner of the site where it runs up against the river Medway. The bit marked HERE is the entrance to the site, the dog walkers park their cars there, you can then skip merrily down the concrete road deeper in to the site. Flying north you will cross mainly fields until you hit Hadlow, hopefully missing the tower.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bit of an idea of what its like down there. First go at video and editing software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen