Photo Disappointment

Reaction score
Still learning all this photo stuff with my phantom 4. I took the attached picture of a local park. I used auto photo settings. It just seems to me that the resolution should be better. What do you think? Like I said, I'm still learning. Any guidance in taking better photos would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DJI_0013.JPG
    DJI_0013.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 345
Still learning all this photo stuff with my phantom 4. I took the attached picture of a local park. I used auto photo settings. It just seems to me that the resolution should be better. What do you think? Like I said, I'm still learning. Any guidance in taking better photos would be greatly appreciated.
You probably are confused about resolution. You have more or less resolution rather than good or bad.
The max resolution for the P4 camera is 4000 x 3000.
That shot is 4000 x 2250 so you have selected a slightly smaller aspect ratio (16:9) than the max (4:3).

The photo is overexposed particularly in the upper 20% of the image and the rest of the image, being mostly grass looks a bit soft.
The composition with a very bright sky and a darker foreground is tricky for the camera because there's too much contrast between the bright and dark areas of the image for it to be able to expose properly for everything.
Shooting with the sun behind the drone would help prevent that.

The auto is trying to compensate for the two extreme light levels. I feel raw can produce a better picture with the two different light levels. If you are shooting in raw, I would try to have less sky or less land. What ever your subject is, make it more dominant.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl