Phone Won't Connect (Camera View Not an Option)

Reaction score
So i know this is a constantly covered topic but none of the other threads options have worked.

I just started a new job, and one of my pieces of equipment is a Phantom 3 Professional. It hasn't been touched in over a year. I'm attempting to learn it, but my phone is not recognized (clicking on camera view is not an option). I have tried to update the firmware but that didnt take, and now i'm out of options.

Any help would be appreciated

So i know this is a constantly covered topic but none of the other threads options have worked.

I just started a new job, and one of my pieces of equipment is a Phantom 3 Professional. It hasn't been touched in over a year. I'm attempting to learn it, but my phone is not recognized (clicking on camera view is not an option). I have tried to update the firmware but that didnt take, and now i'm out of options.

Any help would be appreciated
Welcome to the forum!

What phone are you using? Perhaps it's too old.
Which app version are you using?
Do you know which FW versions are currently installed on the AC (aircraft) and the RC (remote controller)?
What makes you say the FW didn't take?
If you don't mind, please post the text file which was generated and saved on your SD card when you attempted the FW update on the AC.

Also, if you are interested, click here for some tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners. I strongly suggest you check it out. :)

Welcome to the forum!

What phone are you using? Perhaps it's too old.
Which app version are you using?
Do you know which FW versions are currently installed on the AC and the RC?
What makes you say the FW didn't take?
If you don't mind, please post the text file which was generated and saved on your SD card when you attempted the FW update?

Also, if you are interested, click here for some tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners. I strongly suggest you check it out. :)

Thanks!

I'm using an original iPhone 6 Plus (but I've also tried with a 7plus)
I'm using whatever the current version available in the app store is (i delete and redownload) multiple times a day.
During the update it had a consistent unwavering rhythmic beep, beep, beep, beep, almost like a heart monitor, while the light flashed red and green, then it would turn red and flatline. I turned it off and back on multiple times to the same result. and i can't check the remote's current version, because it wont recognize my phone.

Attachments

• P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 356
Thanks!

I'm using an original iPhone 6 Plus (but I've also tried with a 7plus)
I'm using whatever the current version available in the app store is (i delete and redownload) multiple times a day.
During the update it had a consistent unwavering rhythmic beep, beep, beep, beep, almost like a heart monitor, while the light flashed red and green, then it would turn red and flatline. I turned it off and back on multiple times to the same result. and i can't check the remote's current version, because it wont recognize my phone.
Will you please also post your LOG_AB text file?

Note that the log_ab file is a different txt file than you look at for the general overall "success" indication.

Look on your SD card in the following path. Some of the folders may be hidden: MISC/LOG/

Then find your log_ab file - P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt for P3P.

That file will have more information to help determine which version you have on your AC and what steps you may need to take as outlined in the update instructions listed on that tips post I sent you earlier.

Note that the log_ab file is a different txt file than you look at for the general overall "success" indication.

Look on your SD card in the following path. Some of the folders may be hidden: MISC/LOG/

That file will have more information to help determine which version you have on your AC and what steps you may need to take as outlined in the update instructions listed on that tips post I sent you earlier.
There isn't one, just an empty DCIM folder, the P3X_FW_RESULT_AB file, and the P3X_FW_V01.03.0020 file

Capture.PNG

Can you confirm that you are using DJI GO and not DJI GO 4?

Any info you can share?
Good day! Sorry that I didn't know you had replied on Friday. You replied to yourself in your last message that day, so I didn't get a flag notification. :(
I'm sorry that nobody chimed in to help you in the mean time.

I looked at the log_ab file you posted. It's a bit convoluted in my humble opinion. First off, it's incomplete and begins at then end of some FW update attempt in the past. Also, there are no dates showing at all which is unusual and frustrating for troubleshooting. That being said, I'm not sure how reliable the data is but I did see a couple of things.

It looks like the file begins with an update from v1.3.2 to v1.4. That is followed by an update on an additional battery (module 11) to v1.4. Then later, using a different SD card, there was an attempt to downgrade FW from v1.4 to v1.3.2, but that gave the infamous module 8 and module 15 "device not detected" error. Re-attempts gave the same result and error.

[00431762][15 00][00] device not detected.
[00444627][08 00][00] device not detected.

Historically, getting a device not detected for these two modules most often means a bad gimbal main board (video chip bad or FW corrupted). Especially on a P3P which is more susceptible to overheating during a FW update if there is no external house fan or some other external source of airflow during the update process. You can find lots of posts on here about the 8/15 device not detected error and bad gimbal main boards.

All that being said, 8/15 "device not detected" normally presents as a loss of image (no image transmission) even when everything else seems fine. Most people are able to do everything else such as connect, start motors. fly, record video, etc. They just have no FPV image showing on their mobile device. You may have that issue later, but right now you have a different issue. No connection.

What makes your situation hard to troubleshoot is that between v1.3.2 and v1.4, DJI completely changed the process for updating RC firmware. It seems that your AC and RC have FW from around that time, so it's hard to tell which process you need. They also then changed encryption between AC FW 1.7 and 1.8 which further muddies the waters since both the AC and the RC need to be either pre or post encryption change, so knowing which version is on each becomes very important.

If I were you, I would first try to install v1.4 on the AC and look at the result file. If it says, "The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft," then try a later FW version. I'd say try v1.6 or v1.7. Skip v1.5 because it was known bad and don't yet go to v1.8 or later since it is the new encryption. Then check the result file again. Sometimes FW installs take a long time and also sometimes make horrible noises. Don't be afraid to let it continue (using an external fan) but if you are in an office environment you may want to try it somewhere away from people. Maybe even take it home.

Click here for the most referenced steps for updating FW, and there is also a link to download older FW versions directly from DJI.

Good luck!

Last edited:
[QUOTEGood luck![/QUOTE]

So I've tried multiple previous FW versions and the drone seems to be unresponsive to the SD cards contents

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez