Phantomount Gimbal Shaky with Camera

Reaction score
I just installed the x2 phantomount wide gimbal and everything seems fine until I put the Gopro on. Tilting up and down perferct, but the horizon axis is very shaky. When you tip the phantom sideways, the camera keeps level but it is very shaky, moving in small shaky increments to keep it level. Anyone come up with a fix for this. I played around with the gimbal settings but nothing seems to help. As soon as I remove the Gopro, this does not seem to happen. It is a weight issue I presume.

Is my gimbal defective?

I have the same gimbal, and didn't have that problem at all. I hurt one of the servos during a crash, so It's not
on the Phantom right now.
You may be getting RFI noise from the camera. try pulling the battery out, and see if it still acts funny.

I disconnected the camera. Same thing.

Maybe from a crash is causing this. But it was not to major a fall. No bruises apparent.

But it rolls almost perfect with no weight.

Marty

Mine was the pitch servo as well. I plan to just replace both with high quality digital servos, from Futaba.

Oh, just curious, how close is the 6v bec to your servos, etc. They can be a big source of noice, especially SBEC.
Anything with a switching circuit can cause havoc.

i swithed the f1 and the f2 on the naza, though they are responding intentially to the wrong planes, the roll is still shaking when I tilt forward. I switched the roll and tilt as I said b4

As a note, can I make the legs shorter? The base is resting on the ground and you can hear the servos making a noise

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20