Phantom3 SE antenna mods...

Reaction score
Hallo everyone...has anyone modified the antenna to have better range?
I heard about good range also in Ce mode but my bird in my location desn't have this performance....
I tried to modify like someone did for the standard:
-I tried Alpha directional antennas with poor results...
-Std 2.4ghz antenna plus 2.4ghz 18 dbi omnidirectional antenna in the middle same results as full stock...
-Std 2.4ghz antenna plus WYFPV 5.8ghz 16dbi directional maybe little little better....maybe...
At the moment seems that icarus or magic power software doesn't work to force the Fcc mode.
Anyone has tried Itelite dbs or Fpvlr antenna? I think that argtek doesn't change nothing in this bird...

Hi,im waiting my argtek antenna and i ordered a 2.4ghz booster and a 5.8ghz booster to solve the problem. I will get a 16dbi antenna tu put on my argtek,better than the 7dbi. Here the links to do a similar setup :
5.8ghz booster
5.8Ghz FPV Transmitter RF Signal Amplifier amp For DJI RC Airplane Helicopter MT | eBay
2.4ghz booster
New 5W 2.4GHz Wifi Wireless Broadband Amplifier Extender Range Signal Booster DC | eBay
ARGTEK ANTENNA(but you can choose one from china at a lower cost,anyway we boost it)
ARGtek DJI Phantom 3 Standard WiFi Signal Range Extender Antennas (6)- Brand New | eBay
2 baterries 4000mah li-ion
DC 12V Super Strong Capacity 4000MAH Rechargeable Li-ion Battery For BA | eBay
2 adapters to connect the boosters directly from the argtek
RP SMA male to RP SMA male plug (female pin) RF connector adapter | eBay

Last edited:
With this setup,you will have a better result than the itelite and fpvlr antenna. Your only one ennemy now,will be your battery in the AC

Today i tried the FPVLR on my SE.....160/200mt max range....not bad!!! Half than a stock antenna....

Just wondering IF......and body has made up a set of ground radials...that would pick up a ground connection off the RC and would be in a circle around you to complete the dipole side of the vertical antenna.....holding that plastic RC box is not right to make the antenna perform like it should....a ground would sure increase the range with out any added things to the stock antenna like reflectors boosters ect !

Hey,I am from France and I test my new p3se in a open field. I can go to 700metres and after i lost my connection. The channel mode is on 5G. I want to try in a 2.4G because some post tell we can go farest but i can't choice the 2.4.
When i choice 2.4, after few second it return on 5G.
Do you know how to do?
thanks

Hello,
I live un France so in CE mode and today I did a range test with my P3SE and I was pleasantly surprised. I reached more than 3km in an Open field.
I have just a wind Surfer antenna (cost 3€).

And you what is your distance record?

02A4AFA3-F5D3-483C-8FB8-26A690D3852C.png

Hey,I am from France and I test my new p3se in a open field. I can go to 700metres and after i lost my connection. The channel mode is on 5G. I want to try in a 2.4G because some post tell we can go farest but i can't choice the 2.4.
When i choice 2.4, after few second it return on 5G.
Do you know how to do?
thanks

Salut,

Refait ton test à une hauteur de 100 m, antenne verticale et radiocommande orientée en direction du drone.
Tu pourras aller beaucoup plus loin ;-)

Really good...but i don't understand maybe your SE hasn't switched in ce mode....i flew last time to sell the drone with new owner in open country and max range was 430mt... but now i sold it no more range issue!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.