P3 Standard Antenna Mod

Reaction score
So I was getting poor reception with the stock antenna that comes with the P3 Std. I decided to purchase the
"BlueProton DJI Phantom 3 Standard WiFi Signal Range Extender Antenna Kit w 10dBi 5.8GHz Omni by ARGtek".

It helped a little, but I still was getting disconnects even relatively close. So as I was sitting at my day job as an IT Manager, I looked up at a D-Link wireless router I had taken out of service when we replaced all the APs in the building. It has three 2.4ghz/5ghz antennas on it. With nothing to lose, I decided to try them out today on my P3 remote. And you wouldn't think that they would work so easily, but I didn't have one lost signal. I haven't tested at longer ranges yet, but once I do, I will share my results. The farthest I flew was maybe a quarter mile at 350ft alt. Anyone else try something similar?

20160915_173735.jpg

I had a set of D-link dipoles on my drone (p2v+) for video /telemetry, worked very will. I have tried different antenna's. pop on a wind surfer be hidden the antenna's Let me know hold it works out. If you make it to Ohio line. :p

So I was getting poor reception with the stock antenna that comes with the P3 Std. I decided to purchase the
"BlueProton DJI Phantom 3 Standard WiFi Signal Range Extender Antenna Kit w 10dBi 5.8GHz Omni by ARGtek".

It helped a little, but I still was getting disconnects even relatively close. So as I was sitting at my day job as an IT Manager, I looked up at a D-Link wireless router I had taken out of service when we replaced all the APs in the building. It has three 2.4ghz/5ghz antennas on it. With nothing to lose, I decided to try them out today on my P3 remote. And you wouldn't think that they would work so easily, but I didn't have one lost signal. I haven't tested at longer ranges yet, but once I do, I will share my results. The farthest I flew was maybe a quarter mile at 350ft alt. Anyone else try something similar?

View attachment 64861

I never had any luck with the duel (2.4/5.8) antenna's

View attachment 64861

IMG_20160520_104128258.jpg

Nice, I'm looking at picking a P3 Pro soon, I might use my Standard for testing out mods rather than tinker with my only bird right now. Thanks for sharing the info. Funny you should mention Ohio. One of the places I fly is about 7 miles from the Ohio State line. I would never want to fly that far from base, but it would be nice to know that I could. LOL

Nice, I'm looking at picking a P3 Pro soon, I might use my Standard for testing out mods rather than tinker with my only bird right now. Thanks for sharing the info. Funny you should mention Ohio. One of the places I fly is about 7 miles from the Ohio State line. I would never want to fly that far from base, but it would be nice to know that I could. LOL
I seen where you live. And know you're close to the state line. I use my P2v+ for long distance and I also have a P3a for nice videos.

TP-Linked mine long ago for both 2.4GHz receivers... no change to 5.8Ghz antena... mod cost 10 euros max. Almost 2.5 km in rural environment and 1.1km in urban. Extremely cost effective mod... (FCC mode)

20160713_143454.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20