Phantom1 software

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here and not quite sure where to start. I bought an old Phantom 1 from an estate sale and was wondering where to download the software for it. I can't seem to locate much info on the Phantom 1 from DJI. I don't have a smartphone so I would need a computer based program. Also I put the quad on top of a recording studio monitor speaker when I got it home which I realized is a bad thing as far as magnatizing the compass. I have an old Radio Shack tape head demagnetizer (wand type) and was wondering if that would work for demagnatizing the compass. Thanks in advance for any info on these issues.

Thanks Mark, I can see a bunch of info and downloads for the Phantom 1 faintly behind the Phantom 4 promo pic but I can't X that photo out to access/click the details behind it.

Thanks again. Had to rotate the phone to horizontal to click the border on the Phantom 4 photo and all is well. Still wonder if my old tape recorder head demagnetizer will demagnetize the compass. I'm not really sure if the compass is in fact magnetized but by me placing the Phantom on a high powered speaker cabinet with a giant magnet on the woofer leads me to believe it is.

Check out this article to learn whether or not you should calibrate your compass and how to do it.

Reset And Re-calibrate The IMU Compass On Your Phantom

Feel free to ask follow-on questions if you still need help.;)
Check out this article to learn whether or not you should calibrate your compass and how to do it.

Do

Seems I need a Naza assistant account and password to complete the downloads. How do I get an account with my estate sale Phantom??

OK..,I'm not able to connect my Phantom to tha Naza software. I don't have internet service at my home but I went to the local library and downloaded the DJI driver (version 2.02) and the Nazi assistant installer (version 2.20) to a USB thumb drive and installed them to my home computer. I followed the "software and driver installation" as per A1 in the Phantom advanced manual. Everything seems to be loaded and the Naza software comes on but does nothing as far as reading my Phantom. I'm using the factory USB cable, changed the dates on my computer to 2015 and 2013 and no luck with that trick. Do I have to be online for all this to work?

OK..,I'm not able to connect my Phantom to tha Naza software. I don't have internet service at my home but I went to the local library and downloaded the DJI driver (version 2.02) and the Nazi assistant installer (version 2.20) to a USB thumb drive and installed them to my home computer. I followed the "software and driver installation" as per A1 in the Phantom advanced manual. Everything seems to be loaded and the Naza software comes on but does nothing as far as reading my Phantom. I'm using the factory USB cable, changed the dates on my computer to 2015 and 2013 and no luck with that trick. Do I have to be online for all this to work?

I installed from the link I posted in the previous post and have no issues. Can you try the driver from the link I posted and the 2.40 version of the Naza Software?

Beario, I went back to the library and downloaded the driver again and the 2.40 version of the Naza software to my USB thumb drive, loaded them into my home computer (Windows XP) and still get the same results. The software just doesn't recognize my Phantom although the software program looks fine on the monitor. Kind of frustrating. Maybe that's why I got such a good deal on it!

Beario, I went back to the library and downloaded the driver again and the 2.40 version of the Naza software to my USB thumb drive, loaded them into my home computer (Windows XP) and still get the same results. The software just doesn't recognize my Phantom although the software program looks fine on the monitor. Kind of frustrating. Maybe that's why I got such a good deal on it!
I assume you know the quad must be powered up when connected to computer.

I assume you know the quad must be powered up when connected to computer.
Yes, I know it has to be powered up. At first, my computer would tell me the USB port was not working when I connected the copter. I tried all 4 of them and 3 out 4 of the USB ports gave the same message. Now it is very rare to get the error message at all but still no luck with the software recognizing the Phantom. Could be my old computer even though I know the USB ports (2.0) work as I use them almost daily with my music. The stock Phantom USB cable looks to be in good shape and I opened up the Quad to look inside and everything looks good although the mini USB connector doesn't look to be seated all the way into the female end in the copter.It has about 1/4" of the male end showing but I can't push the plug in any farther into the connector so I guess it's seated properly. It's still has the adhesive strain relief(hot glue) firmly glued to the frame so the cable can't come loose.

I read you tried to install the drivers more than once(the trick of the date is NOT necessary for Windows XP) and then you also try to install the Naza-M V. 2.4.
What I suggest you is to start from scratch with driver 2.02 and Naza-M V. 2.20(that is the LAST version that supports Phantom 1 and 1.1.1). Go in Control Panel and Uninstall both driver and Naza-M assistant.
Reboot your PC and install the driver first.
Connect the USB cable and power-up the Phantom: you should hear the sound of a connected USB device: eventually you can monitor the status of your USB port in the Device manager tab of the SYSTEM icon in Windows Control Panel.
If you do not arrive here, you have issues either with the Pantom USB port or the internal USB cable or the extension cable(that MUST support both data and power:if you can, check this with a different device e.g. a smartphone or a memory stick).
Only when these steps are successfully completed, install the NAZA-M assistant V 2.20 and DO NOT update to a later version, even if you will receive a prompt to do it.

Important note: if for any reason you need to re-install the DJI driver ALWAYS UNINSTALL THE PREVIOUS INSTALLED VERSION first.

I do not remember if in Windows XP there is the option to install as an administrator(option available in Windows 7 and 10):if you see this option by right clicking the DJI driver installation program, please use it.

Last edited:
Thanks gianni_BT for the detailed tutorial. I tried all your suggestions and still can't get the quad to link up. Never get that warm and fuzzy chime when the quad is connected to a USB port on my computer or the "device updated" message in the device installation wizard. I'm getting "nothing found to update" message in the wizard. I connected the factory DJI extension to a memory stick and it functions as it should so that saves me a trip to the electronics store. So I guess I'm down to a faulty Phantom port or the internal USB cable. Also wondering if something happened in the transfer of the driver and software to a thumb drive /memory stick at the library and that is an issue... But I was successful with getting a hell of a headache though with my trial and perpetual error process LOL!!

Last edited:
Thanks gianni_BT for the detailed tutorial. I tried all your suggestions and still can't get the quad to link up. Never get that warm and fuzzy chime when the quad is connected to a USB port on my computer or the "device updated" message in the device installation wizard. I'm getting "nothing found to update" message in the wizard. I connected the factory DJI extension to a memory stick and it functions as it should so that saves me a trip to the electronics store. So I guess I'm down to a faulty Phantom port or the internal USB cable. Also wondering if something happened in the transfer of the driver and software to a thumb drive /memory stick at the library and that is an issue... But I was successful with getting a hell of a headache though with my trial and perpetual error process LOL!!

I agree with your analysis. If you have a problem on the quad USB port, there is nothing you can do. About the possibility of a wrong transfer during download, I think it is a very remote possibility: if the .exe file was corrupted, you should get some type of error during the installation. Anyway you can try to download it again. Do not forget to uninstall the current driver if you try to update it with a different one, using the new downloaded DJI Driver installation program.

If you give me an e-mail address, I can try to send you the .exe DJI installation program that is working on my laptop.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20