Phantom Vision Camera Issues

Reaction score
Well we've finally had some nice weather here in Saskatchewan and I've been back at flying my aircraft.

I've done all the latest updates and it seems to be working well with a few exceptions.

I can take video and the FPV works ok on my iPhone 5. As soon as I try to take a photo I can watch the shutter close but it stays closed for a bit then I get an error that the connection was lost. Once this happens I no longer can use FPV as the the view doesn't refresh. I can still fly the aircraft and all the info (altitude etc) still shows on the DJI app.

I landed the craft and shut everything off and restarted from scratch and it seemed to work but once I tried to take a photo, I had the same issue again.

The photos and the video clips show up in the album and I can download them from the card with no problem what so ever.

As an aside, lately the camera seem to tilt down on it's own. I keep rotating it back up but somehow and for some reason it seems to be getting a 'down' command.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has experienced these issues with the Phantom Vision.

Thanks in advance.

I have had both in the past. On the shutter I just deleted app and reinstalled and that fixed mine and on the creeping down I had the screw get loose in the side of camera and just had to keep it tighten often . Looked like to me the plastic cog was wearing the ridges smooth .
Was my issue anyway .

Thanks Dirk, I'll get the app again before I go flying tomorrow and I'll check that screw.
Am I correct in assuming that I shouldn't really be able to move the camera up and down with everything powered off?

It will but I don't think its a good idea.You are forcing it then .
With mine I would loosen screw and power up and put the slider all the way up then get the camera all the way up and then tighten the fool out of it and all would be good for awhile . Then it would slowly do it again .

Dirk:

I just removed the plug and checked the screw which was tight. If I have the cam pointed at say 90 degrees with everything off it drops to about 45-50 degrees as soon as I power up. This might actually be what I am noticing rather that a 'loose screw droop'

I reinstalled the iOS app and will see how it works next time I fly. Thanks so much for the tips.

Dirk:

I just removed the plug and checked the screw which was tight. If I have the cam pointed at say 90 degrees with everything off it drops to about 45-50 degrees as soon as I power up. This might actually be what I am noticing rather that a 'loose screw droop'

I reinstalled the iOS app and will see how it works next time I fly. Thanks so much for the tips.
No problem bro and I hope the app trick works for ya ;)

Thanks Dirk, I'll get the app again before I go flying tomorrow and I'll check that screw.
Am I correct in assuming that I shouldn't really be able to move the camera up and down with everything powered off?
I think you have to move it a little to get the lock back on...right?

I mean the gimbal lock. They suggest you always put the lock on when storing the copter., along with the lens cap.
Never had a lock with a vision . They have em on the Plus I know but not on the vision . Only the lens cap.

Good to go!
I flew today in high winds of around 17 knots and tried a few shots and didn't loose connection and didn't get any errors, so Dirk's suggestion of reinstalling the iOS app seems to have done the trick.
The camera, however, still has a mind of it's own and droops a few degrees now and again in flight. I can see it on the iPhone screen and move it back without a problem. While capturing video it seems stable and doesn't droop so I am more than happy with the way it is.

Thanks again Dirk, for the tips.

Reactions: dirkclod
Good to go!
I flew today in high winds of around 17 knots and tried a few shots and didn't loose connection and didn't get any errors, so Dirk's suggestion of reinstalling the iOS app seems to have done the trick.
The camera, however, still has a mind of it's own and droops a few degrees now and again in flight. I can see it on the iPhone screen and move it back without a problem. While capturing video it seems stable and doesn't droop so I am more than happy with the way it is.

Thanks again Dirk, for the tips.
Glad that's all it was buddy :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20