Phantom vision 2 extended range upgrade

Reaction score
So I added the dual 2.4 ghz tp link antennas and modified it but in still getting the same distance before my phone loses connections and I'm only getting around 1000 ft before the phantom switches into fail safe and comes back. I followed the video perfectly on doing it am I missing something? Do I need to change anything in the antenna or the receiver or transmitter. Please help

Wakethis2006 said:
So I added the dual 2.4 ghz tp link antennas and modified it but in still getting the same distance before my phone loses connections and I'm only getting around 1000 ft before the phantom switches into fail safe and comes back. I followed the video perfectly on doing it am I missing something? Do I need to change anything in the antenna or the receiver or transmitter. Please help

Please check that your pigtails are good some have had shorting problems also make sure that you using rp-Sma and Sma properly
Meaning check that there is a pin in each connection

Wakethis2006 said:
I rechecked everything and it all seemed good no pinches or anything and both things had a pin in it.

Where did you buy your pigtails from, I had problems initially with mine not improving my video distance and the pigtail I got from Amazon appeared to be okay, no kinks etc , I bought some slightly dearer ones and my set up then worked fine.
So the cheap ones were rubbish.

Got mine off amazon. I got 2 sets so maybe I'll try the other set. The I know the camera has nothing to do with trh but what's the distance on the transmitter for the phantom?

Yea just noticed that too the RTH is triggered by your 5.8 control signal
Do you have it in FCC mode?
May need to upgrade the 5.8 antenna

Phantom 2 w/ Zenmuse fly's at 2.4Ghz - that's all. That's why you need to have the WiFi disabled on the GoPro (also 2.4Ghz) so you don't have any interference during flight.

'Phantom 2 Vision' fly's at at 5.8Ghz and uses the 2.4Ghz as a WiFi from camera (FC200) - To connect to your Vision App on your phone through the WiFi repeater. - They are two different wireless bands, so there is no interference during flight.

Look behind your transmitter - it should say 5.728-5.85Ghz

You basically enhanced your video (2.4Ghz) output not your flight distance (5.8Ghz).

Hope this helps.

Put some Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA Battery's in your controller and report back. I did about 30 full P2V battery flights before having to change them out due to intermittent control loss past 1000-1500 ft. After replacing I can go back out to 4000+ feet without control loss and RTH kicking in.

gfredrone said:
Put some Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA Battery's in your controller and report back. I did about 30 full P2V battery flights before having to change them out due to intermittent control loss past 1000-1500 ft. After replacing I can go back out to 4000+ feet without control loss and RTH kicking in.

These are the ones I have as well

mr_3_0_5 said:
gfredrone said:

These are them ones I have as well

yeah they be good, but **** expensive here still in NZ ... think last packet of 4x was like $28 bucks here

gfredrone said:

Better to buy high quality rechargeable batteries. Much better value too in the long run as well as better power as you can always keep them topped off. No matter how good or "ultimate" a regular battery is it won't take very long till the power is below that of an every day rechargeable battery. I use Sanyo XxX rechargeable AA eneloop batteries. They also work on extreme temperature conditions and work great.

I will see what mode I am in on my transmitter and check that. I know the antennas didn't give me more Rangel minus my fav but I'm losing connections at 900 feet on my phone. Will update after I figure out what mode I'm in today

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl