Phantom standard signal loos

Today I did a test with my reflector on - I flew up over trees from a clearing in a forested location with very little houses and only a farm about a 1000m away. I was able to get about 360m out before signal loss and RTH engaged. Tried again on the same battery and got out to 547m (1795ft) before signal loss and RTH.

On my second battery flying in a different direction, I kept getting numerous signal interference errors and only got out to between 250-300m with the reflector on before signal loss and RTH.

I found the signal interference puzzling as there was nothing within 1000m - just trees and a farm field in the distance.

Note: both flights were in VLOS.

Planetime2 are you getting interference errors on your flights? The interference (from who knows where) were likely affecting my range today so maybe that is part of your problem.

Chris

I have a Phantom 3 standard that flies perfect....except it losses signal at around 350 feet out and returns home. Is this something I can fix ? Thanks
I bought a new P3s & had range problems but it was always at th limit of vlos so l wasn't too bothered I then bought a used P3p no range troubles at all but th antena setup is so much better on th P3p & th advice is to keep th antenna faces towards th ac not th tips. Now can reach & survey the pier head. 1200mtrs over th sea. l tried the parbolic reflector thing on my P3s but it seemed to diminish th range rather than improve it. I would like to see how a focused directional antenna arrangement would work, uses much less power but still works within a fairly wide bandwidth but of course radio line of sight becomes more critical. There are nice P3ps for sale out there now that foldin drones are so popular. Sorry to be no help but just recognised th feeling. I live in North Kent.

Reactions: Planetime2
Hi Planetime2. I seem to recall this topic being discussed sometime ago and someone had suggested signing out of your DJI account and then signing back in. Do not recall exactly what the results were but worth a try. Hope it resolves your issue. Personally I’ve never had this issue with my P3s. Happy flying!

I bought a new P3s & had range problems but it was always at th limit of vlos so l wasn't too bothered I then bought a used P3p no range troubles at all but th antena setup is so much better on th P3p & th advice is to keep th antenna faces towards th ac not th tips. Now can reach & survey the pier head. 1200mtrs over th sea. l tried the parbolic reflector thing on my P3s but it seemed to diminish th range rather than improve it. I would like to see how a focused directional antenna arrangement would work, uses much less power but still works within a fairly wide bandwidth but of course radio line of sight becomes more critical. There are nice P3ps for sale out there now that foldin drones are so popular. Sorry to be no help but just recognised th feeling. I live in North Kent.
Thanks for the reply...i agree the best thing to do is upgrade to a pro. This standard i have was a trial for me to see if i even wanted a drone and to learn the basics , it has been great for that. If there was a fix i could do, it would help with the resale to help fund the next one.

Hi Planetime2. I seem to recall this topic being discussed sometime ago and someone had suggested signing out of your DJI account and then signing back in. Do not recall exactly what the results were but worth a try. Hope it resolves your issue. Personally I’ve never had this issue with my P3s. Happy flying!
Worth a try...thanks for the tip

I actually fly my P3S more than my P3P. I don't care about range. Though I'll admit I prefer the controls on the P3P controller over the P3S.

Do you have your cell phone with you? If you do, shut it off and see if that helps...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers