Phantom line-up is dead...

Lol he said he can’t comment on it , that proofs nothing at all , sorry
....and then he continues to say the Phantom line is alive and well and THEN even goes on to pretty much say exactly what is being done with the Phantom line, which I outlined the details earlier in this thread. Making a post saying “the Phantom line is dead” and then repeatedly having your assumption discredited, even by DJI themselves, should be enough for you to say “hey guys I spoke too soon” but of course it won’t.

I understand the whole end of life .... the Phantom line is listed as EOL by DJI...Until DJI announces otherwise I believe it to be true
I’ve never heard or seen this anywhere. I’d appreciate a link or reference to a reputable DJI source where the have stated the line (not a particular model, which is very different) is EOL, please?

I understand the whole end of life thing but originally you said the article didn’t even say “ the Phantom line has ended” then you backpedaled and insinuated the publication is not being truthful , but the Phantom line is listed as EOL by DJI, so it’s easy to believe them when they say the “Phantom line is dead”
Until DJI announces otherwise I believe it to be true
Where did they say the Phantom line was dead?

All the memo said (look the English language version of the memo) was that specific Phantom 4, Phantom 3, Osmo, and Mavic products were going to be EOL'ed. They did this with P1, P2, and the other P3 models. Take it for what it is, a memo to dealers to let them know that some of the older models will no longer be made and they wont be able to order any more after the existing stock is exhausted.

If you want to look at all of the reports and interviews out there, you could make an educated guess (but still a guess) that the expected Phantom 5 would be positioned above the Mavic 2 and below the Inspire. If DJI wanted to consolidate the consumer/prosumer product line, you could see where they would offer the Spark, Mavic Air, Mavic 2, Phantom 5. That would cover most of that market and greatly simplify the product SKUs for dealers and consumers.

I got this a week ago from DJI CEO Frank Wang, I'd say we can expect a new Phantom as outlined by his reply and :)

mgcnw.jpg

I got this a week ago from DJI CEO Frank Wang, I'd say we can expect a new Phantom as outlined by his reply and :)

mgcnw.jpg

I interpret the emoticon as “hand-wringing ‘out there’ always translates to ‘cha-ching’......mo’ money for us! xiè xiè!”

He said "may " he didn't say yes so that means nothing. it may rain next week, it may not.
Well if the line was dead I don't think he would have said this much. It's clear your convinced the line is no more. If that was the case why stop selling the P4P? Why not just continue to sell? Surely it can't be completely dead? Guess time will tell.

Well if the line was dead I don't think he would have said this much. It's clear your convinced the line is no more. If that was the case why stop selling the P4P? Why not just continue to sell? Surely it can't be completely dead? Guess time will tell.

They didn’t stop selling it they’re still selling the V2, I’m guessing sales are weak though... We’ll see in a few months though

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart