Phantom id

Reaction score
I have a phantom that I purchased from an individual several years ago. It used to work but after losing a phone and purchasing an s8, it wouldn't show images but I could still fly, operate camera, etc. After talking with dji and watching YouTube I tried reinstalling firmware, re binding, and eventually got it to where it doesn't communicate at all. Dji told me they dont support it anymore. Is it worth pursuing a repair?
inbound2435601796610120469.jpg

I have a phantom that I purchased from an individual several years ago. It used to work but after losing a phone and purchasing an s8, it wouldn't show images but I could still fly, operate camera, etc. After talking with dji and watching YouTube I tried reinstalling firmware, re binding, and eventually got it to where it doesn't communicate at all. Dji told me they dont support it anymore. Is it worth pursuing a repair?View attachment 123591
That's a Phantom 2 Vision+ which came out in mid-2014.
It's stone-age compared to modern drones, which have left it far behind now.
Rather than put any more money and effort into it, you'd probably be better to buy something newer like a Mini 2.

I believe it is a vision plus....I wouldn't mind fixing it if it wasn't too high. I have an air2s now just hate to trash something if it could be fixed.

Links to instructions for fixing most prominent failure of Wifi Module (which makes video transmission possible) are available in Phantom 2 group of this forum.

For RC link - only you know what you did to it.

Reactions: Timmartin
There is a wifi module repair that can be done for $80 on eBay with lifetime guarantee. If you don’t power on your bird once a month this can and will fail. This is a common failure on these. I am sending my module today to the master repairman. This will only fix the issue where the camera feed is black and/or no telemetry in the app. If your phone can’t connect to the extender or your controller will not connect with the bird those are different problems.

Update just FYI after the WiFi repair mine is good as new now. I am back in the sky with full video and telemetry for $80. Well worth it for me. I thoroughly enjoy my p2 vision +!

Reactions: Starz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic