Phantom Human Drone

Reaction score
Hey all new user here,,Im thinking of building a personal human drone as a project to get around my farm as its big,,Now this may sound like a stupid question because my wife thinks Im mad lol,,building the actual drone design isnt going to be much of an issue but what I want to know is,is it as simple as dissasembling a phantom 3 drone (as i have one but its not used anymore) and taking the circuitry out of it and merging it with my drone project,,Would it be as simple as upgrading to bigger motors blades and wiring as its already calibrated and working perfect with the phantom remote,seems to be the easiest setup Im assuming,Also if this is possible from the vids ive seen others seem to have more than 4 blades but the phantom only has 4,,so would it be a possible changeover,,has anyone done this or thought about it,,any help would be appreciated, theres a few of my friends that say cant be done so help me prove them wrong,,cheers

Hey all new user here,,Im thinking of building a personal human drone as a project to get around my farm as its big,,Now this may sound like a stupid question because my wife thinks Im mad lol,,building the actual drone design isnt going to be much of an issue but what I want to know is,is it as simple as dissasembling a phantom 3 drone (as i have one but its not used anymore) and taking the circuitry out of it and merging it with my drone project,,Would it be as simple as upgrading to bigger motors blades and wiring as its already calibrated and working perfect with the phantom remote,seems to be the easiest setup Im assuming,Also if this is possible from the vids ive seen others seem to have more than 4 blades but the phantom only has 4,,so would it be a possible changeover,,has anyone done this or thought about it,,any help would be appreciated, theres a few of my friends that say cant be done so help me prove them wrong,,cheers
???, Don’t think so!

Instead of disassembling Working phantom 3 I would build a custom drone or buy used one because they are pretty cheap now

Um...no.

You actually want the electronics of a two pound UAS to properly manage a multi-hundred pound manned drone? If it was that easy don't you think everyone would be doing it? As to adapting the electronics of a quad (like a P3P) to a hexacopter is a non-starter. The ECUs in a P3P can only manage four motors. The firmware is only designed to control 4 motors.

This is not a trivial task and would require a lot of engineering work. In reality, it would be easier to design and build a manned fixed-wing aircraft than a manned hexacopter.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
Hey all new user here,,Im thinking of building a personal human drone as a project to get around my farm.
Here's some inspiration for you:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
And the story behind it:

The key to getting anything like this to work is a massive system integration challenge. It isn’t really about bigger motors and propellers. The heavy lifting takes place in software, which integrates GPS data with inertial data, barometric altitude, and user input to manipulate the motor speed control. This motor speed control system logic would have to be completely redone to accommodate new motors. These motors themselves will need to be designed and built around the methods to be used for speed control. Generally this can be done with motors that are designed to track pulses of varying width and frequency. All of this will need to be controlled in real time by the aforementioned software. None of the internal system control logic an d behavior of the DJI software is documented, so scaling it from the existing motors and electronic control systems will take many man years and real systems engineering chops.

Reactions: ARMeyer

Chinese startup Ehang has released footage showing its drone flying people. It is the first time the company has showed off video of the passenger flights to the public.

Here's some inspiration for you:

I know he’s in Europe somewhere, (therefore not FAA’s territory), but I’d hate to find out what the FAA would say about a flying bathtub after flying it! [emoji51]

Actually I think the FAA would not have anything to say in this case as it seems that flying bathtub would qualify under Part 103 without requiring any certification.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.